+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FCC is getting rid of Christian radio.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: FCC is getting rid of Christian radio.

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now the 'fairness' doctrine is based on the assumption that the government controlled 'airwaves' are 'owned' by the public at large, and as part of the radio frequency licensing agreement, the radio station must do something useful for the public at large, (which includes the non-Christian radio audience...). This of course means that a Christian radio station cannot limit itself to a strictly Christian broadcast agenda. It has to do something useful to the community (such as local news broadcasts, weather & traffic reports, talk radio programs, etc...) It also means that if they allow political advertising on their station, they can't deny selling airtime to a candidate that the station considers non-Christian. Is making a radio station do things like this really such a bad thing???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Most stations do the local traffic just to abide by that (what Len was talking about) and frankly I don't think it is a bad thing...other than cutting into music time...however I am very much against censorship...if someone owns a radio station they should be allowed to put whatever they want on it. I don't have to listen to that station if I don't like what I hear and at the same time if they don't have people tunning in then it won't last long.

Either way Christian radio isn't going away anymore than rock or rap or country. It is a genre and as long as people tune in, it will be around.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Still, it really depends on what you mean by 'censorship'... Are you talking about censorship OF Radio Stations, or censorship BY Radio Stations. the 'Fairness' doctrine was put into place because of past abuses by syndicated media trying to force their opinions on the public and the ballot box. Part of this is also the laws that restrict a person or corporation from owning all (or a large percentage of) the newspapers, radio and TV stations in a region, or combinations of the above.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

What I'm saying is that people where I live okay a friendly debate about religion I like
    that but sometimes people can get a little graphic and keep in mind that kids between
    the ages of 6-12 are going to be listening to what people say and sometimes they are a little slow to reach that bleeper button and sometimes their entire sentence is just one
    long bleep. But here is another concern of mine about the music they play. They have
    been playing songs by Ambrosa and also a song called I'll take you there and also
    playing other songs that have nothing to do with God. I'm not saying that all the non-Christian songs they play are bad but some I feel should not be playing on there like I'll
    take you there, I don't know if you have heard it but my mom has heard this song play
    in a bar before where let me be vague but not graphic are dancing the way teens do
    these days. I'm all for freedom of speech which is always a good thing but I'm afraid
    that it could be taken to far.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haruko Haruhara View Post
    I recently heard that FCC is planning on making Christian radio stations play
    standard radio. Meaning that they will have to play what everyone else
    plays like My Humps and talk about Britney Spears, they will no longer play
    any Christian songs. But there is one thing people can do to stop whats
    going on and thats to sign a petition on your local Christian radio wbsites.
    But what I want to know is how do you feel about what FCC is doing and
    would you sign the petition or would you be glad to hear that Christian radio
    will be no more. Please reply back and don't make this into me just trying
    to be one of those Crusaders trying to rid the world of evil or me trying to
    get my way selfishly because to be honest I love rock 'n roll music but I
    also like Christian music.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

I'm sorry, but I just find that WAY too funny and WAY to unbelievable. The FCC would much rather have Jesus on TV and Radio than sex any day! Why do you think there's so much Christian programming as it is?? "In God We Trust," Our country's built on that motto!! There's no way in hell--or heaven--they'd take away the back bone of all our currency, laws and politics.

There'd be WAY too many angry Christians waiting to thump someone with a friggin' bible! My mother being one of those. All she listens to is Christian radio, unless myself or my siblings are in the car with her.

So, sorry if my laughter offended you, but it's highly improbable that that'll happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2