Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: fear

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: fear

I fear not being able to reach my dreams and goals, and I have a fear of not realization my ambition. However, fear is the most powerful weapon in existence, to be control over fear especially another persons fear is power beyond measure. At least thats what I think

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

i REALLY dont want to talk about it! wat i fear isn't silly or anything, but it's more of a phobia than a fear. i shiver when i hear the word. one time i had to watch a video about it and i cried. if i see the word i look away. if wat i fear actually came near me. . . . . . i'd probably loose my breath and literally die of fear. im totally serious. im afraid to type the word. and i used to be even worse about it. grrr. . . . not easy to talk about.
    Last edited by BrightShadow_96; Mar 24, 2006 at 08:04 PM.

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

everyone....many of u didnt quite understand what i meant....i mean how to OVERCOME fear...nt wat u fear of....sry if i caused any confusion...

Newbie Nameless Shadow may be famous one day Nameless Shadow may be famous one day Nameless Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

My fear... is fear it self.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elie26
    everyone....many of u didnt quite understand what i meant....i mean how to OVERCOME fear...nt wat u fear of....sry if i caused any confusion...
    I get it.The best way to get over fear is to do it or face it.If you fear spiears get some as a pet and you will get use to them and the fear will go away.Fear of high places then go Bugnle jump or jump from a plane or sky dilling or something like that.
    Perfection is dull

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elie26
    so, how DO u overcome fear?
    How to overcome fear, eh? How to eradicate the sense of fear from the mind? Fear is mere illusion, really. Simply put, all you have to do is to see through it and detach yourself from its transient bondage. By doing so, fear is perished. It is not that simply to do so, however. You want the methods that Warrior Monks employ to surmount trepidation, eh? I will impart all that I know, except a method called dark withdrawl, so brace youself.

-Meditate. Find a comfortable place, sit down, close your eyes, and concentrate your mind on courage, and nothing else. I know, focusing your mind is not that easy, but all it takes is a lot of practice and self-discipline. Remember: You cannot conquer fear overnight! However, with daily practice of meditation, improvement is ought to be seen. So, practice, practice, and practice. If you want to prevail over something so attractive like fear, you must put forth even great effort to phase out the attraction. There is not other easy way. You just have to accept, exchange blows, and move on.

-Through The Divine God and by prayers. If you don't believe in God and prayers disregard the following, but if you do, just read on. Find time to visit a Temple, Church, or wherever you worship, and devote yourself on contemplatation. Calm and sensitize all of your senses through pure devotion to The Divine God. Accept the ubiquitous existence of The Infallible One, and find refuge through prayers. Oh, never underestimate the power of prayers! In addition, read sacred scriptures pertaining to your own religion or if you are like me, read others, too. Just don't let the mind to be a monkey, which jumps from one thing to the other, randomly. Control your mind and senses. Ha! Even the most experienced Monks cannot control their own mind. It is not simple, but practice.

-Through love, compassion, and others. Yeah, you can. Love provides courage, thereby fear can be stunned! I don't know, but there is so divine and powerful behind love that it lets you conquer everything even fear. No matter how stressful/fearful the situation, the power of love can act as an potent antidote against fear. It is hard to explained, but it can be experienced. Oh yeah, compassion lets you do the same, too. In addition, have confidence in yourself. It is crucial to believe in yourself to overcome fear. Without courage, the roads look cloudy, so have faith in yourself. Oh yeah, do all of the things that you possibly can to relax yourself, too.

To end, remember, you have to understand fear, to overcome fear. Without knowing what it is, how can you overcome it? That is a discussion for another time. Anyways! These are few of the methods that I know of, but there are even higher principles and practices, which are beyond the scope of discussion like dark withdrawl and the others, so I will leave it here. I hope that my post has lead to some enlightenment! .

Otaku deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat's Avatar
    Thanks

i overcome my fear by staying focus and not having doubts on anything about myself

Newbie kuroryu may be famous one day kuroryu may be famous one day kuroryu's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, prayer is probably the best way to overcome fear in my opinion. Also, you can hypnotize yourself and tell yourself to get rid of your fears. You could get rid of your fears by exposing yourself to them until you finally overcome your fears(that might not be the best way though).

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast