+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Forgive a Killer or Not..?

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Forgive a Killer or Not..?

Well as far as the cops go, the article said that they didn' tell the grandpa that it was them that were shootin' in the woods. Yet I can' help but wonder, did they even know that they had shot a kid? The article said that evry1 admitted that it was an accident, we; as a society; have a tendecy ta forget that our law enforcement r human too, capable of makin' the same mistakes. If they knew that the kid had been shot, then it was their duty as officers of the law ta inform the grandfather that the shot came from them. Yet if they didn' then that's a different story, if u can find some more info on this matter then I can come ta a conclusion on this matter.

As far as the other, it would depend on whether or not they were truely remorseful. A little over 16 years ago, two men came ta my grandfather's house and pulled a gun on him and shot him. Why were they there? To rob him and when he refused ta give 'em anythin', one of them squeezed the trigger. My grandfather didn' help matters any by callin' them names when they demanded the money, the triggerman became enraged and shot him. However the other one masterminded the whole plot and set the other guy up as a patsy, he was goin' ta take the money and ditch the triggerman; leavin' him for the police. Luckily, things didn' work out the way he planned. U c, he knew my grandfather; he grew up around him. My grandfather used ta change his diapers when he was a baby and give him money through out his childhood for things whenever he asked. He knew my grandfather and knew that he wouldn' give up his money 'cause someone threatened him. So he set up the triggerman ta b his fall guy, all so he could get the 5000 dollars that my grandfather was supposed ta get. Only my grandfather hadn' gotten it yet, but they didn' know that.

The guy that shot him, he was truly remorseful for what he did. After he pleaded guilty, he came up ta my mom and apologized for what he did. He said that he knew that it wouldn' bring my grandfather back, but he had hoped it, at least, would put her mind at ease knowin' that the man who pulled the trigger had a conscious and was willin' ta pay for what he'd done. The mastermind, he laughed and joked in the courtroom wit the bailiff and thought he was goin' ta go home. He didn' know that the triggerman had turned states evidence and was the one that turned him in. The guy wound up gettin' the exact same sentence as the triggerman.

So I guess that I can forgive the triggerman for what he done, 'cause he truly wanted ta b forgiven and was truly remorseful for what he did. Yet the other guy, I can only imagine that he'd do it all again if he had the chance and the only thing he'd change was him gettin' caught.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay I've read all of the post so far & there is good logic reason on what everyone is saying...

It's time for me to put my thoughts in the matter... To forgive is a ability that doesn't come easy... To let go all the hate, anger, anguish, & be contempt with the pain & hurt is also difficult... That's why I know it will be a difficult adversity for me to have the will to forgive, but I don't think it is impossible for me... I say that deep down in my heart because without the power to forgive we lose a piece of ourselves as humans...

Now on the other hand if forgiveness isn't sought from my love one's killer or a justification act isn't provided than maybe it will be a different story especially if the killer had no remorse for what he/she did... Even then after I came to live with the fact I probably tell he/she "I forgive them for what they done" just so I can have peace with my soul & the beginning of theirs...

I believe in vengeance when the killer keeps tormenting & it's no hope until he/she is brought to justice or death... Something like that movie the "Punisher" or "Eye for an Eye"... The killer stays free & can't be brought to justice cause of the legal system fails or rather the killer has the whole city under his/her thumbs (Too many crooked cops, etc.)... Even then to live for revenge you lost most of yourself as a person & it will bring no happiness even after you achieved it...

Well that is a lil on the matter...
    If anyone objects or have different thoughts/views on the matter please don't hesitate... I want to know what everyones point of view on this matter...

Otaku Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105's Avatar
    Thanks

Very hard decision. If that person killed someone very near to me on accident. It would be very hard to forgive that person even though it was an accident. Like Inuruto said, forgiveness doesn't come that easy. Though, if they killed someone near to me on purpose. I highly doubt that I would forgive that person.

Though, if it was someone I knew and they were killed in an accident. I probably would forgive that person, unless they make the same mistake again. They should learn after the first time. Though, other way around. If they killed them on purpose, I could never forgive someone who did that.

Killing, is wrong in my opinion. Though, there are many situations about killing that would get off topic. Forgiving a killer, very hard to let go of your emotions and give that type of forgiveness to him or her.

They say, "I will die for my country." I never hear them say, "I will kill for my country."

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos105 View Post
    Killing, is wrong in my opinion. Though, there are many situations about killing that would get off topic. Forgiving a killer, very hard to let go of your emotions and give that type of forgiveness to him or her.
    Isn't killing wrong in every sane person's opinion?

ANYWAY . . . What would you do if the killer were genuinely sorry for his/her actions?

Otaku Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Isn't killing wrong in every sane person's opinion?

ANYWAY . . . What would you do if the killer were genuinely sorry for his/her actions?
    Well, the death penalty for instance. Many people don't think that's wrong. Though, I do think that killing is wrong, period.

And to answer your question in my opinion, I'd say it would depend. Like what the kill was to whom and why. Again, I'm not really sure. A question that I never really put time into and I hope that will never happen to me.

They say, "I will die for my country." I never hear them say, "I will kill for my country."

Newbie Jairo may be famous one day Jairo may be famous one day Jairo's Avatar
    Thanks

well about the mothe there aRE many reasons for forgiveness. First because is her son and she is her mother. The other one is because God forgive the people who kill him.

But about the police officer, I don't think i kan forgive him about what he did.
    Do not dwell in the past... do not wonder about the future... just life the present to the fullness...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Miroku444. If it's on accident, I can kinda understand giving forgivness. It wasn't thier fault. On the other hand, if someone were to just up and kill one of my relatives intentionally... OOOH! You'd see me on the news. F*** forgiveness! If someone killed my brother or my son--my mom or my dog (I don't have a dog), I'd have to track them down and administer my own form of justice. >_<

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I'd forgive but never forget... To live with hate in your heart is not a very nice thing, it just makes it all worse, that just makes it harder to bear the loss...

If we talk about a simple murderer, then it would be really hard to fogive, and it could be possible only after he has had the right punishment. But sooner or later I think I would forgive, so I could move on... though I can never tell how I'd really feel and maybe I wouldn't have the slightest wish to live anymore...

If we talk about the police officer, then I'd forgive him, since it was an accident, it would be hard, but the police officer would be as much to blame as all the other conditions, as him being there... I'm sure the police officer would have enough trouble with forgiving himself...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast