+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Franklin Roosevelt and Pearl Harbor Conspiracy

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Franklin Roosevelt and Pearl Harbor Conspiracy

Hello one and all! Has anyone heard of this conspiracy? It's the theory that Franklin Roosevelt knew about the Pearl Harbor attacks a day or two before it happened . Instead of warning the military base in Pearl Harbor, he supposedly let the attacks happen. Why? Because he wanted to join the Allies in World War II but the majority of America wanted to stay out of the war and stay nuetral. Now, this is how the conspiracy started. Supposedly, a message was intercepted by the U.S. that was sent by the Japanese. It said details of what could be an attack but it was vague. Yet when Franklin Roosevelt was told about this by the head commander at Pearl Harbor he supposedly did nothing about.

I have also read that he had wanted an attack from Japan from the start and that is why America was provoking Japan through trade or at least that is what the conspirators say. And it is true that America did provoke Japan through trade. Japan during World War II was conquering and obtaining a lot of land such as Manchuria, Vietnam, and such. This worried America because as Japan conquered more and more land America worried that the next target would be the Phillipines which was an American territory. So America placed an embargo on trade with Japan and that is what provoked Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor.

As for me thinking it a conspiracy, sorry, I don't think so. I mean sure Franklin Roosevelt wanted to get into the war but I wouldn't think he would sacrifice his own countrymen just to get access to a war or at least I hope so. Some say that the only reason that Roosevelt put an embargo on Japan was to provoke them but that is obviously not true. Japan was getting dangerously close to the Phillipines and it was most likely its next target. It's no wonder to me that Roosevelt felt the neccesity of placing the embargo. That was about the only thing he could do and still stay nuetral.

But hey I may be wrong about this. I will keep an open mind. What do you guys think? Do you believe in the conspiracy? If you do why? What are your reasons? If you don't believe the conspiracy, what are your reasons for that one?

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Franklin Roosevelt and Pearl Harbor Conspiracy

I have also heard that a couple days before the attack on pearl harbor that there had been a military ship that encountered a "hostile" and sunk it. It was one of the mini-submarines that the Japanese was going -key word, going- to attack with.
    Even though they encountered the enemy, no action was taken to be put on alert. I think one or more might have washed up on shore. But I'm not sure if that was only after the attack.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite frankly, I find this deeply insulting. Thousands of American soldiers and civilians died at Perl.

My grandfather served in the pacific theater as a Navy Flight Lieutenant, and was at Pearl Harbour, and went on to serve at Midway and Iwo Jima.

I ask you this, where's your source? If you're going to post something that is most likely a load of *ahem* Hoo-ha, then at least back up your claims with the source you derived your opinions from.
    Last edited by Hassun; Feb 06, 2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Corrected the name Pearl Harbour

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Pearl Harbor advance-knowledge debate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This lists some facts about the theories and misconceptions about the advance warnings. It states that it was more of information not being populated together nicely.

When the first enemy bombs rained down on Wheeler Airfield, virtually no one realized that the first shots of the battle had already been fired, more than an hour earlier, when the patrolling USS Ward attacked a Japanese midget submarine stealing in toward Pearl Harbor.
    Pearl Harbor <--- This is from a National Geographic site. You might find more about it further than just the home page.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Pearl Harbor happend, we whent to war and Franklin Roosevelt is dead so if it was a conspiracy there's nothing we can do now. And even if there was early information about the attack, who says it was a conspiracy?
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, the radio transmission to the Japanese Embassy in Washington D.C. was intercepted and decoded by US Navy Intelligence (who had already broken the Japanese Navy and Diplomatic codes). The fact that no Alarm was given was because the only thing that the message stated (to be delivered just before the attack) was a breaking off of diplomatic relations between the US and Japan. There was no declaration of war in that diplomatic message. There was some concern at the time about the lack of radio traffic from the Japanese fleet (which was keeping perfect radio silence, and under the cover of a weather front as they approached Hawaii...) but not enough to put the fleet on alert.

Now that two man midget submarine that was fired on did not leave any oil slick or dead bodies on the surface, so as far as the base staff on duty was concerned, they crew might have shot at a floating garbage can. The entrance to Pearl Harbor was protected by anti-submarine nets, and was thought to be invulnerable to underwater penetration, (which it wasn't...)

Plus the incoming wave of Japanese aircraft was spotted by the experimental radar that was installed two weeks before the attack, but it didn't have the ability to detect the number of approaching aircraft. Plus a flight of unarmed B17 bombers were expected to arrive that morning, (and they actually did arrive during the second wave of the Japanese attack...) so this didn't raise any alarm...

Now as far as your conspiracy theory is concerned, why would an attack by the Japanese justify the US declaring War on Germany, (which had nothing to do with the attack at Pearl Harbor...) Germany had already declared the waters around Britain a War zone, declaring all merchant shipping as fair game for the U-boats, and by International law, didn't need to declare war against the US to do this. And the US Navy was already defending the merchant convoys against the U-boats, (and having US sailors killed in the process) and didn't need a declaration of war to do that either... As it turns out, after the US declared war against Japan, Hitler committed one of the biggest mistakes by declaring War against the US (as their self-defence obligation as part of the tripartite Axis alliance between Germany, Italy, and Japan...)
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Feb 06, 2007 at 11:12 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, the radio transmission to the Japanese Embassy in Washington D.C. was intercepted and decoded by US Navy Intelligence (who had already broken the Japanese Navy and Diplomatic codes). The fact that no Alarm was given was because the only thing that the message stated (to be delivered just before the attack) was a breaking off of diplomatic relations between the US and Japan. There was no declaration of war in that diplomatic message. There was some concern at the time about the lack of radio traffic from the Japanese fleet (which was keeping perfect radio silence, and under the cover of a weather front as they approached Hawaii...) but not enough to put the fleet on alert.

Now that two man midget submarine that was fired on did not leave any oil slick or dead bodies on the surface, so as far as the base staff on duty was concerned, they crew might have shot at a floating garbage can. The entrance to Pearl Harbor was protected by anti-submarine nets, and was thought to be invulnerable to underwater penetration, (which it wasn't...)

Plus the incoming wave of Japanese aircraft was spotted by the experimental radar that was installed two weeks before the attack, but it didn't have the ability to detect the number of approaching aircraft. Plus a flight of unarmed B17 bombers were expected to arrive that morning, (and they actually did arrive during the second wave of the Japanese attack...) so this didn't raise any alarm...
    And I have heard of this from school back then, where the US and Japan one day before was able to work out some treaty (perhaps someone can help me out with that). In addition, there were some delays with communications and such that is why the pearl harbor incident happened. So I think it would be a bit harsh to pin it on the former President.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie worldpeace2529 is off to a good start worldpeace2529's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I don't think roosevelt was mean enough to sacrafice people just to get into a war, with his political position, I don't think he would be stupid enough to do that, besides all that is history, people should live with today and the future in mind, not waste their time thinking about what happened earlier, it can't be changed, so y bother?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast