+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of speech, does it still happening?

Newbie sarcosuchus is off to a good start sarcosuchus's Avatar
    Thanks

Freedom of speech, does it still happening?

The freedom of speech is one of the most powerful thing that god give to us but does it really happening today? I've read about people or activist that was been killed, murdered put in jail or being torture. Where is the freedom of speech right now?

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Freedom of speech, does it still happening?

God gave us the freedom of speech? If that was really true, then there wouldn't be such a thing as dogma.
    I love my girlfriend.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Innerhell For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Sep 03, 2008)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Freedom of speech huh? I believe that it died, way back, probably when Martin Luthor King died because he influence so many people with his speech , or somthing but its way dead, in this society
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cantsenditback For This Useful Post:

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Perfect Freedom of speech, where you can say anything you want with no consequences is a myth.

Sure you can say what you want, but you have to take responsablity for what you say, its a "Don't write cheques with your mouth your body can't cash" kinda thing.

And another myth of free speech is that it exists on the internet. This couldn't be farther from the truth, because its a privilage, not a right. This stems from the fact that all websites are the property of someone or a company. Since it is their property, they control what goes on their website, and this includes what is shown on it. You're allowed to say what you want on the internet because the owner of the website allows you too, and they can just as easily remove that privilage.
    Last edited by aceman67; Sep 03, 2008 at 03:00 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Sep 03, 2008), Scourge (Sep 03, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Like what Aceman has said, there is no such thing as perfect freedom of speech, or perfect freedom of anything simply do to the fact that we Humans can't be trusted with it. Now we can have freedoms, where we can do and say, but to an extant so there are no problems. Now you can run into a movie theater and yell "THERES A FIRE!!"... But in doing so it will probably get your ass arrested. There are reasons why there are limitations on what you can do and say and you have to understand the consequences in those actions and words. So we have freedoms, just not perfect freedoms which look to me like people can’t understand the difference do to the fact that they can’t get it through their thick heads.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

The freedom of speech is one of the most powerful thing that god give to us
    If left up to God we would be free to speak... but we wouldn't know to speak on anything contraversial. We would have no knowledge of good and evil. We had to go to Satan to unleash the "freedom" we all strive for now. God woulda had us all naked, feeding animals, and talking about clouds or something. What good is the GOD GIVEN right to speak, when God didn't even want to gives us the right to KNOW what the heck to talk about?

Perfect Freedom of speech, where you can say anything you want with no consequences is a myth.
    Who says that is the definition of freedom of speech? I say.... I can say what I want. There... Thats it. Thats where freedom of speech begins and ends. Consequences have nothing to do with the FACT that I can say whatever the hell I want. Being mindful of possible consequences might prevent me from saying certain things... But it doesnt take away my right to say it.

And another myth of free speech is that it exists on the internet. This couldn't be farther from the truth, because its a privilage, not a right. This stems from the fact that all websites are the property of someone or a company. Since it is their property, they control what goes on their website, and this includes what is shown on it. You're allowed to say what you want on the internet because the owner of the website allows you too, and they can just as easily remove that privilage.
    Once again this isn't quite true.... Removing something someone says (or types)... Doesn't stop them from saying it. Even on sites where images or text have to be appoved before they are posted for the public eye... Someone had to approve or dissappove of it. Someone saw whatever it was the other person was attempting to post. Which means it was viewed or read. Successful freedom of expression if you ask me. Just like If I were to post something here that you Mods didn't like. Fist you'd have to notice it. (which means it could go unnoticed for a bit and be viewed publically) Then you'd have to delete it... (which means you read it as well). Even if you delete it, give me an infraction... Or ban me.... You cant take away my right to say it.
    ... Not Ever Again...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Sep 07, 2008)

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Supposedly we have freedom of speech but more often than not its either "half" a

freedom or none at all. Whenever someone can tell you that you can not say something.

And there are serious consequeces for going against that...Its not freedom. Mankind

continues to dominate man to his injury.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Supposedly we have freedom of speech but more often than not its either "half" a

freedom or none at all. Whenever someone can tell you that you can not say something.

And there are serious consequeces for going against that...Its not freedom. Mankind

continues to dominate man to his injury.
    No you can still say it, like what I said, you can say what you want but what you say mite get you into trouble. The point is that you can still say it.

Freedoms - Able to say what you want but generaly has limitations and comes with consiquences.

Perfect freedoms - Able to say what you want with out limitations or consiquences.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast