+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Freedom of speech, does it still happening?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Freedom of speech, does it still happening?

I'm not trying to take away your freedom of speech, I'm trying to tell you that it has limits, especially on websites such as this.

If you abuse something, its taken away.

It it is very easy to actually loose your free speech in the real world. One way is to just live in a country where such freedom doesn't exist because the government controls what you can say in a public setting.

Another way is breaking the law and going to prision, where you only have the most basic of human rights (A place to sleep, 3 meals ect), where what you can say is severly limited.

Just because you have the freedom to do something, doesn't mean you have the right to do something. To think that is called being Arrogant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Sep 04, 2008)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... I'm smoking something right now that I do not legally have the right to smoke... but Im free to do it anyway.

Besides... just because you live in a country where it is not legal or acceptable to do or say certain things. That still doesn't take away you're freedom to say or do what you want. You just might get imprisoned or executed. Some people might think death is a small price to pay for doing what they want.

And prison? People say and do what they want all the time in prison! Prison is the motherload of rebelliousness! Inmates will say whetever... and get beat, confined, or killed behind it too.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it does. You can get in trouble for some things you say. It's better to keep some things to yourself. You're more likely to get beat up or arrested for saying anything you want. If nobody hears you then I guess it don't matter.

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

i think we all still have this freedom of speech ..its just the fact if ppl are going to listen is the problem..so many freedom of speech ..but little action....sometimes u wonder what is the point anymore...

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

theres no such things as freedom of speech in some ways, yes you can what you want, but it depends on where your at and who your with. but depending on that situation it can be taken either the right way, or the wrong way. Theres a large limit to what you cant say because of where your at, and people tend to not care in what there saying

its like that with goverment, or any ruling power. If you say something they dont like, your automatically gone. Its like that anywhere, because its causing to much trouble and objecting to what they want, and they want it stay their way for any mumber of reasons. Its lucky the US is some what considerate in listening to alot of what people, even if they dont fully listen to everyone.

Like around saint louis, weve had problems with people getting into arguments then later that night one of them ends up either beaten by a mob, or dead. Theres also this big racial problem about monkeys, and nooses. You cannot literally go over into saint louis area and say anything about it, because they will form mobs and come and beat you to an inch of your life.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3