+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freedoms?

Newbie irishvenom08 is off to a good start irishvenom08's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Freedoms?

Ever wonder weather or not freedom really means tha tyour free anymore? What about the case of the smoker being told that they are not allowed to smoke in public places anymore? Is that not an infrigment on their right to smoke? Or this new thing thats being passed in Alabama where restuarants are not allowed, by law, to serve you if your too fat? WHAT IS THIS NATION COMMING TO? What else do you know of? How do you feel? lets hear it. Are we slowly loseing our freedoms as citizens?
    Irish_Venom08
    Honor is Infectious

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Freedoms?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now this depends on what you define as 'Freedom'. Does a person have the right to pollute the shared local atmosphere with second hand smoke? Or for that matter, does someone have the right to perform human sacrifice as a part of freedom of religion? Before you complain about people losing their freedom, you're going to have to define what the limits of 'Freedom' are to begin with...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irishvenom08 View Post
    Ever wonder weather or not freedom really means tha tyour free anymore? What about the case of the smoker being told that they are not allowed to smoke in public places anymore? Is that not an infrigment on their right to smoke? Or this new thing thats being passed in Alabama where restuarants are not allowed, by law, to serve you if your too fat? WHAT IS THIS NATION COMMING TO? What else do you know of? How do you feel? lets hear it. Are we slowly loseing our freedoms as citizens?
    I can easily throw that smoking one the other way around. Is it right for people to smoke in a place around other people who dont want to smoke? Wouldnt that be an infringement on their freedome? Public areas tend to have families with kids, I am sure the last thing you want is your child to be inhailing second hand smoke which is far more damaging then smoking its self as they dont have a filter. For not serving fat people in restuarants is a local law, not a nation wide law.

Newbie irishvenom08 is off to a good start irishvenom08's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Freedoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I can easily throw that smoking one the other way around. Is it right for people to smoke in a place around other people who dont want to smoke? Wouldnt that be an infringement on their freedome? Public areas tend to have families with kids, I am sure the last thing you want is your child to be inhailing second hand smoke which is far more damaging then smoking its self as they dont have a filter. For not serving fat people in restuarants is a local law, not a nation wide law.
    Thank you for your input. I like to hear from others and see points of view that are fresh. If you have anything else you feel you might want to mention please, I would love to hear it. After all, its our freedom of expression that we are able to use most of all.
    Irish_Venom08
    Honor is Infectious

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Freedoms have always come with the burden of responsibility.

You are constitutionally guaranteed ONLY the freedoms which do not infringe on the freedoms of others.

Your choice to smoke in a restaurant infringes on the ability of others in the establishment (wait staff, other customers, customers' children, etc) to control their own health.

If your choice results in damage being done to another human being: it isn't your right at all. That's why we aren't guaranteed "freedom of theft" "freedom of murder" "freedom of rape" "freedom of plagiarism" etc

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmm.....well like Len said it really does depend on how you would define freedom. I think they have some right to not serve people that smoke. I mean it is hurting our enviroment. As for not serving fat people I'd have to say that is both ways for me. They shouldn't be sering people that way like over 400 ld or what not. ut then again that is their choice if they want to be fat and if they die from something for being fat, they should have been more careful......

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

ah, yes, well, you have to fight for freedom, but their are some things you'll never be free in. Like smoking, drugs, freedom to kill people, ect. Some things do have exceptions to "freedom" but, you can never be truly free of everything. That would be nice though, but it's only a dream! ^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie tsukikawa13 is off to a good start tsukikawa13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    . I think they have some right to not serve people that smoke. I mean it is hurting our enviroment. As for not serving fat people I'd have to say that is both ways for me. They shouldn't be sering people that way like over 400 ld or what not

Smokeing is hurting the enviroment so is driveing a car and there is more or near the same amount of people who drive a car,
    that is why there is or should be a differnt part of the resturant that allows smokers to smoke if yu set there and dislike the smoke then you should have not sat there in the first place.

I dislike it when the gov says that we have to eat healthy it is our choice to eat what food we like to eat. food cooked in oil the tast better then when it is cooked in the healthy oil, the flavor is not the same

some people are born fat and can't help it at all while others eat to much food and they are not thaught to eat in moderations

our rights to bear arms is slowly begging to to go away beacuase many law makers or others don't want people to have guns to defend themselves no matter what' i do agree with background checks for people to buy guns but if more people are armed then maybe the crooks will stop breakign into homes if they found a person pointing a gun at them, or shot

the freedom of free speach is going both ways you can say somethings but then you can't say it another time, example if americans
    burns a flag it is free speach but there is or was a law stateing that americans should not do that

or the cops freedom they can 't do anything to a crook no matter what because they might be caught doing somthing wron also the videos that show cops in the wrong the video dont show the whole thing only what the person wants others to see, or when it clearly shows that the person is fightning back and they are told to do something and they dont do it.
    like during the time the guys was asking a questine which he asked something else and when the cops went in to get him he was holding onto teh bench or movieng around tring to escape that is call reisting arrest and you will get tazed or mace or something like that and it should not be the police officers fault but sometimes the police is in the wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast