+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Friends with benefits?

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Friends with benefits?

I don't know if this topic has been done in the past or not. But I would like to hear the opinions of the members of AO. Do you agree with this topic or not? You must explain your reason why. If you are all wondering why I choose this topic please pm me and I will give you this information. Some examples: What if they were lovers? What if they statred as friends? Here is the reason as to why I ask this question. I have a friends who has been with this guy for about five years now. Four years of it they were actually dating and then got engaged. Well my friend end up dumping the guy for some reason I can't say,but I kept being friends with a little more than friends. Now my friend wants to get out of this friends with benfits but doesn't know what to do or why this happend.
    Last edited by ice viper; Aug 17, 2007 at 06:00 AM. Reason: more information.

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Friends with Benfits?

It's a very touchy topic at best. Let me think, um....I agree with it on some grounds. If they were together then broke up and then started to be friends with benefits, I just think that's just stupid. I mean, if you just wanted to fool around from the beginning, go ahead.

But females tend to go the wrong path of the f-w-b agreement. They get attached, well, most of them. They believe it's somewhat of a real relationship and when the male decides to end it, the female counterpart gets upset and feels used.

With men, they don't get attached as fast but it sometimes accure. But to my experience, if they knew a friend who's a girl whom would like to fool around with them, they aren't going to stop them, lol. I mean, come on. Think about it.

I've been in one f-w-b situation. It was fun while it lasted. It was 3 months. Not a lot. But, we're still cool. We knew each other for two years before we started. But we were lovey dovey like. Hold hands and junk. It was wierd at first but it was hilarious towards the end. We were voted greatest hook up by our friends, lol.

Here's some advise. Make sure at the end you'll still be friends. Because if you don't, it's going to get real awkward, I promise you.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ice viper View Post
    I don't know if this topic has been done in the past or not. But I would like to hear the opinions of the members of AO. Do you agree with this topic or not? You must explain your reason why. If you are all wondering ehy I choose this topic please pm me and I will give you this information. Some examples: What if they were lovers? What if they statred as friends?
    "Friends with benefits" ruins perfectly good friendships. If all you ever see someone as is a sex object, you demote them to the same level as a thing (instead of a person). If you do end up getting married, you have to worry about telling your children how you met . . . "Why, yes, Billy. Your mother and I were f***-buddies for a good three years before I realized that she was the girl for me." You know? It leaves emotional scars. I just think it's a very bad ideas. Perhaps I'm simply a romantic . . .

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Wow, well said. You being a romantic makes me look perverted. But, I am. I guess you're right about the telling your kids how you met. But there's a loop in your statement. To be friends with benefits you have to be friends first, so you could just tell your kid, "Why, yes Billy. Your mother and I were friends for a while before I realized that she was the girl for me." It works out the same way.

There are changes in a friendship after and sometimes it ruins a good friendship, I've seen it happen.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

this is indeed a touchy subject, huh?

i donno, it kinda depends on the situation. just messing around with someone can end up comming back to bite you in the ass...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I, personally, don' like the idea. There r too many ppl out there who fool around wit other ppl's emotions and get them hurt. This is jus' one of the ways that some of those ppl use ta do exactly that. I jus' don' think anythin' good can come from "Friends with Benifits."

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Besides, what if you break up? That'll be awkward. Then, of course, it would be another "friend," then another, then another. Before you know it, you're in the hospital dying of five communicable diseases or something. Yuck.

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to say that all of your opinions are coming to me loud and clear. But what if one of your friends did a blind date on you. Then you ended up staying with that person from the blind date oh... lets say for about four years and in that time got engaged. Then for some unknown reason you ended that relationship and started this one and want to get out of it, but can't. What now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast