+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Friends with benefits?

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Friends with Benfits?

I'd say just make a clean break! It isn't worth it. Your either friends or your not. To keep an relationship like that is going to hurt you in the end.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Friends with Benfits?

Moving this to Debate and discuss, and remember that there are minors on the board.

Otaku trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Friends with benefits?

Ok, here’s how it is with me, all of my friends that are girls, I originally met with the intention of dating them. They turned me down, so my way of thinking is that I would rather have them as a friend than not at all, so things went that way. But if they ever wanted to date, or for us to gain have benefits, I would be fine with it, because that is already in my head, so it wouldn’t change anything for me, and because they know that I like them, but push the feeling away while were friends, it wouldn’t change anything for them either, even if it ended later.

So, I have no problem with it, as long as you don’t go making it more than it is and breaking the friendship. All it is is benefits, unless both want more. If only you do, then just end it then and stay friends.

Now that is kind of a mix of your two examples. If they just started out friends, my second par still applies. But if they were once lovers, I would steer away from it, because one of you wants it to be more, no matter what they say. If it isn’t you, then it is them, and so on. I mean, the once lovers broke up for a reason, don’t go complicating it more. Well that’s just my opinion.

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

so what you are trying to say that it's ok to have this relationship with this guy that I know? I just don't understand that it's ok to have S** and still be friends at the same time. I guess I didn't give more information to the start of this thread. But I do have some personal issuse with this subject. I do understand that people can have a friendship with the opposite sex. I do have some friends of the opposite sex, but its not friends with benfits at all.

Otaku trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy's Avatar
    Thanks

So you want to know if its alright just to have a sex buddy, or something of the sort?
    If that is the question, then yes, as long as you make sure that both understand that all it is, is sex, that there is no future, otherwise it would be a relationship. If both understand this, then no feeling will be hurt, friendships wont end, and all is good.
    Just make sure that if one does start to think that it is more, end it quick, but not mean like. Make sure to state what it was in the beginning, that there was to be no future with it and that is why you ended it.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Ta me, havin' a relationship like "friends wit benefits" is rather disturbin'. Maybe it's 'cause I view sex as more than jus' physical contact between two people. Ta me it's 'bout a union, a symbol of sharin' each others soul; it's somethin' special and jus' shouldn' b shared wit any1. When u do that wit ur "friends", it jus' ruins the friendship; in my opinion. Yeah, sure, some friendships blossom inta relationships, but imagine this... How could it blossom inta a relationship if the friends r havin' sex 'fore the fact?

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I don't agree with this situation. I've been in it and seen other people in it too often and watched it go horribly wrong in a lot of cases. I personally don't believe it works because when your physical with someone you are giving a piece of yourself to them, even if your making yourself believe it's insignificant and or not there, there are always going to be feelings attached to your friends. And if your sleeping with that friend your attaching extra importance to them. And someone in the end is going to end up displeased or hurt as hell. I just don't think it's a good idea.

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Friends with with benefits in many cases does not work like others had mentioned when they posted... The reason behind that is cause one or the other develop stronger feelings which defeats the purpose of no strings attached... In some cases though it does work, but most times that is when both of you aren't looking for a relationship & you know where the other stand... As time goes on one of you might feel the need to take it a step further, but won't cause you really don't want to lose what you have or worse... In all at the end you might be the one to cut off the sexual pleasures just to keep the friendship & move on... The other tends to understand & might do the same, but still have you as a friend... Don't say it can't happen cause I just described a situation that I know someone went through... Who that is.?. I won't say, lol ^_^ just know you are swimming in deep water & you don't know what is lurking underneath...

"You have to take it for what it is... If you can't then don't give"...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast