Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuedal Samurai vs European Knights

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Fuedal Samurai vs European Knights

If a Samurai fought a Knight, who do you think will win?

Newbie Miki. may be famous one day Miki. may be famous one day Miki.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fuedal Samurai vs European Knights

They both have advantages and disadvantages at each other but I will say a samurai will win since their swords can pierce through a knights armor and they are very quick too.

! Rescue me from this loneliness !

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese steel is less likely to break than European iron.
    I love my girlfriend.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

I think samurais could win becuase i think taht samurais combine martial arts with katanas, making them swift, could dodge attacks, have peace of mind there for are sharp, lighter equipment so they could attack faster.

Newbie blackphoenix may be famous one day blackphoenix may be famous one day blackphoenix's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it could go either way. the samurai has better combat skills but the knight has raw strength. who knows?

thanks for the sweet sig viper_1105

Thanks

The Broadswords are heavier, but slower, samurais could jump out of the way and attack while the knight is in amaze because he missed

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would be a close call........

The samurai has the ability of limitless movement, because he's not weighed down by armor, but the knight HAS the armor which would help protect him.

Samurai swords are strong, but so was the metal armor used back then (well, it depends what time period of armor, but generally it was fairly strong). The mace was created in order to dent medieval armor, because it was strong enough that a swift blow from a sword wouldn't cut it.

So to be fair, if you took the best trained samurai, and the best knight with the best armor, I think it'd be a fairly good match. The samurai sword is meant to be a one-hit kill, with fights lasting only seconds. The knight is the exact opposite. The armor allows for longer fights, and at a much closer range. Only the first four inches of a samurai sword were used for cutting and slicing, which means a fair amount of distance is needed for the sword to work properly, and to achieve a good swing. The knight, on the other hand, fought not only with the sword, but also at a much closer range, (as in smacking the opponent upside the head with the butt of the sword).

So......I couldn't actually tell you....it's be an interesting fight though.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hm - it depends on what kind of weapon the European knight has. If it was a claymore (giant, two-handed sword) then the samurai probably wouldn't win.

Japanese bows are pretty good though - and the archer was the death of the knight (100 Years War between Britian and France, whoot!)

In close combat, the knight with a claymore would obliterate the samurai.

If there was some respectable distance, the samurai would get the knight in the head with a bow - it would break through his helmet.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast