Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuedal Samurai vs European Knights

Otaku Lord of Chaos may be famous one day Lord of Chaos may be famous one day Lord of Chaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fuedal Samurai vs European Knights

My Maltese (european) ancestors fought against many warriors, from the north, south and east. The knights of malta went through major training and always had their armor on. You really can't see **** with the helmet, but the armor was amazingly good against kirpans or light swords. The knights where taught with all kinds of weapons, Maces, sword, hammer, berserker, sheild...many slight advantages that could win against the samurai. Knights are slow but they could use these weapons well...As for the samurai..i do not know much about these warriors, but to my knowledge these warriors have good physical strength and know some of the martial arts. They wore armor but i do not believe it was stronger than the knights armor, but it is still a burden to the samurais stamina. The samurai also held the deadliest sword on earth...The Katana...yes these big guys knew how to swing this awesome weapon. I do not believe it is right for me to judge who will win, because some knights of europe can kick major ass with there battle experience. Even the experienced samurai warrior has the skill neccessary to kill a warrior easily...Therefore, i cannot say who would win. I guess i have to do more research on both warriors....ill post back to you guys when i am finished.
    If you strive for one thing in life for so long...It's a given you'll miss others along the way...that's how it is...That's life

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

What!!! From what I am seeing is that you think that knights were nothing but sword swinging brutes. I am so offened. I come from an old noble european family that has and had its share of knights.

For you info, a knight like a samuri, was raised from childhood, from noble or royal blood lines to be a warrrior. They where touhgt tactics, poetry, martial arts(martial arts is the term for close quarter combat; hand to hand or knife fighting), mounted combat, use of bows and the use of armor; pretty much the same thing as thier samuri counter parts. The only differince was the style of the way they applied thier skills.
    Most people have the misconseption that a knight was slow and incumbered by his armor but that is not the case. The use of full plate during the time was more for cerimony then combat, most only wore leathers and chain mail in to battle to allow quickness and full range of motion. The samurai also wore armor and had to overcome the same problems during battle.
    Also if you had an idea that a knights sword was iron, then you might want to wake up and pay attention in history. A knight worth his salt had a steal(prefablly spanish) long sword not a broad sword. The use of iron for swords and knives was abollished by the Romans. Not to mention samurai did everything they could not to clash swords do to the fact that the katana was a slashing weapon made to cut flesh and bone not metal, would not with stand repeated blows and would crack and crumble the blade over time, where as the most europeans swords would continue to be fuctional with little maintinace.
    So to finnish it is basic combat tactics, if the samurai was able to get a good hit in the fight in the first 30 seconds then he would be most likely to win, but any thing after that his odds start to drop due to the conditioning of the knight and his technology of his armor.
    Sorry but that is the cold hard facts, hate to rain on your parade
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

in just my opinion............I have no clue

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

it would be a close call but I think samurais r the ones that coud win... reasons:
    Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    Japanese steel is less likely to break than European iron.
    thats true... so japanese weapons would be more reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz
    The samurai has the ability of limitless movement, because he's not weighed down by armor, but the knight HAS the armor which would help protect him.

Samurai swords are strong, but so was the metal armor used back then (well, it depends what time period of armor, but generally it was fairly strong). The mace was created in order to dent medieval armor, because it was strong enough that a swift blow from a sword wouldn't cut it.

So to be fair, if you took the best trained samurai, and the best knight with the best armor, I think it'd be a fairly good match. The samurai sword is meant to be a one-hit kill, with fights lasting only seconds. The knight is the exact opposite. The armor allows for longer fights, and at a much closer range. Only the first four inches of a samurai sword were used for cutting and slicing, which means a fair amount of distance is needed for the sword to work properly, and to achieve a good swing. The knight, on the other hand, fought not only with the sword, but also at a much closer range, (as in smacking the opponent upside the head with the butt of the sword).

So......I couldn't actually tell you....it's be an interesting fight though.
    he basically listed the pros and cons... but with a few flaws..... like samurais HAD armors... but thouse werent made with metal... samurais abilities werent limitles, as every human being they had their limits...

ok so to what I think
    in a one vs one fight without armors... the samurai would kick ass....
    with armor.... the knight would probably win... since the metal armor would protect him.... so the samurai would eventaually get tired afer fighting and not wounding the enemy...
    scale war... like knight army vs samurai army... the knights would probably win since as ppl already said samurais usually killed in one hit.... but killing a knight wouldnt be that easy... but the samurais agility plays an important roll.... so in a setting like that... the generals brain and courage would decide the match...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

thats very so true .

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

A Japanese katana is strong and reliable, but it takes real talent to use it. An idiot can swing it around and hope to hit something. The same principle goes for guns. A claymore is strong but require strength to wield it at the same speed as a katana. A katana has speed. A claymore has power. But in the end, it depends of the person's individual strength, skill, and talent to decide the victor.
    I love my girlfriend.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

This isnt really a truly debatiable topic. Also its a fav thread.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2