+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is a gamer one that carries a game shark?

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Is a gamer one that carries a game shark?

Hey guys this question has been bugging me since a "gamer" here has been carrying around a game shark for every game he playes, so are you still considered a gamer when you use a gameshark on EVERY game that you play, is it considerd a gamer when you play the game first without cheats and then go through the game with them? what do you guys think I figured since this could get to be a heated descusion this was the best place for it, (sorry to the mods if it isnt) what do you think? Gamer or not if you constanlty use GS on Games that dont even need cheating?
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is a gamer one that carries a game shark?

I would have to agree with you Ichigo. A true gamer plays a game without cheats at least on his/her first time through a game.

Meow. :3

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

To me, a true gamer is one that openly enjoys video games. Two main categories I divide them up are fair gamers, and cheaters. To me, they are both gamers, as long as they adhere to my first statement.

While fair gamers (including myself) do not understand how a gamer attains pleasure through cheating, it is clear that they still enjoy video games, though in a somewhat unorthodox way.

End of my opinion.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares?

A gamer is a person who plays games-- that doesn't mean he has to be someone who gets into lame fights over them, brags about their prowess or needs to nitpick everyone else to death.

More playing: less caring about what other people do.

Unless he's cheating at 2player: let him have his jollies.

Otaku Dragon Dash Champion, Gems Hexic Revisited Champion, Infex Champion mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry but if you use a gameshark on every game then he shouldn't consider himself a gamer at all; tho katsoyori33 has a good point, if you use a gameshark after a few times playing the game 100% through or at least close to it. But to answer your question Ichigo NO! he is not a gamer and will never be one until working withouty the gameshark for a few years on every game he owns.
    the power of a small program making cool stuff. Viva La Flash and MS Paints

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

You're a gamer when you play video games, whether you cheat or not.
    For some cheating is something you shouldn't do, because it isn't fair nor fun.
    For other cheating is something you should do, because you can achieve anything and still have fun while you're cheating.

I myself don't cheat at most of the games. Mostly because I play a lot of RPG's. It's less fun and too easy if you cheat. It doesn't get you anywhere, when someone actually already "played" for you.

But that doesn't mean I never cheated before. If I'm playing a endless one to one fighting game to collect characters, I just use a cheat to get them all anyway. Or else I'd have to play with crappy ones to gain those cool characters. And that takes a lot of time... (I know I'm a sinner <_<)

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

For someone who uses game shark, codes, etc. I'd still count them as a gamer, I mean come on, they're playing the game, enjoying themselves, doing what they want. They're just doing it a different way.

Me, The only game I'll really use cheats on is Classic Doom, for only ONE reason, with God Mode, you can kill the Cyberdemon with your fists, claiming to be "Super Saiyan Doom Guy". It's fun, otherwise, yeah I'm not fond of them.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say that if you use a gameshark that I myself wouldn't consider you a real gamer. I hate it when people use gamesharks all the time, theres a certain member of this fourm that I know who uses gamesharks and guides to get through there guides. So yeah real gamers are those who don't cheat.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast