+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is a gamer one that carries a game shark?

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is a gamer one that carries a game shark?

A real gamer never uses a game shark or any device like that through the first play through. Except Grand Theft Auto San Andreas because with out it you can't fly cars or get parachutes when you feel like jumping out of high places. I also think if you go through for a second play thourgh then you can use to make the game more fun
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly don't get the true point of a GS anyways, I mean half the games they use them on they are so freaking easy without them they go and give themselves "UNLIMITED HEALTH" when you really don't need it like the game, Product Number 03, I mean my friend went through it with cheats, then I borrowed it and, sure I had a little trouble with the boss at first, but I still eventually beat it, that is because it gives you time to figure out their movements and how your going to dodge their attacks, it is just pointless to me to even use them on those types of games. I mean even with Pokemon, do you guys know the reason for having so many versions? I believe it is because there are too many Pokemon to put into one game, so they use many versions as a supplement in order to allow a trainer to get all the Pokemon, there is no reason to use cheats on it, I mean at 130+ hours I had nearly all of Pokemon Ruby's Pokemon that includes the old ones too. I mean sheesh, anyways Ichigo out.
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

a gamer is a person who has a passion for video games and enjoys what they play in any form that they play it in. using a game shark does not make you any less or any more of a gamer than you already are. but that's just me.
    Why hello there!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand what all the hate is about people who use gamesharks...if they are having fun let them.

It isn’t like what they are doing is necessarily wrong or bad, I mean most games have unlock-able “cheats” in them because it makes the game more fun. Not only when you have unlocked it and are playing with it but in the effort of unlocking it.

But when you use those “cheats” such as the Infinite Ammo and Stealth (invisibility) on a Metal Gear game, what makes you any different then someone who uses a gameshark?

Sure with Metal Gear you earn those through some type of very time intensive & difficult activity but my point is that it is still a “cheat” when it all boils down. Can you beat the game without it? Yes. Is the game fun to play without it? Yes. Does it make you any more of a gamer to not use cheats? NO.

Fact is some people don’t have 100 hours to log in a game and they like to play the game with some things unlocked or maxed out. I don’t see where that makes you less of a gamer to do so.

A gamer is someone who plays and is passionate about their game, not someone who maxes out a game or beats it without cheats. If someone derives fun from a game that is the key, who cares if they did so with cheats or straight up.

The only times where cheating is wrong in a game is when your are in multi-player mode OR if you are claiming to have not cheated and accomplished some great feat (beating the game in a very low “x” amount of hours or beating the most difficult boss in the game at level 1).

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    I don't understand what all the hate is about people who use gamesharks...if they are having fun let them.

It isn’t like what they are doing is necessarily wrong or bad, I mean most games have unlock-able “cheats” in them because it makes the game more fun. Not only when you have unlocked it and are playing with it but in the effort of unlocking it.

But when you use those “cheats” such as the Infinite Ammo and Stealth (invisibility) on a Metal Gear game, what makes you any different then someone who uses a gameshark?

Sure with Metal Gear you earn those through some type of very time intensive & difficult activity but my point is that it is still a “cheat” when it all boils down. Can you beat the game without it? Yes. Is the game fun to play without it? Yes. Does it make you any more of a gamer to not use cheats? NO.

Fact is some people don’t have 100 hours to log in a game and they like to play the game with some things unlocked or maxed out. I don’t see where that makes you less of a gamer to do so.

A gamer is someone who plays and is passionate about their game, not someone who maxes out a game or beats it without cheats. If someone derives fun from a game that is the key, who cares if they did so with cheats or straight up.

The only times where cheating is wrong in a game is when your are in multi-player mode OR if you are claiming to have not cheated and accomplished some great feat (beating the game in a very low “x” amount of hours or beating the most difficult boss in the game at level 1).
    well this is true, however, you don't HAVE to use the cheats you unlock on those games that have them as unlock-ables, you have the option to put them in or not.
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

But some might not want to wait to unlock the "unlock-ables" in a game so they use Game Shark or they prefer using the game shark in doing it.I don't see what all the fuss is about thats how they like to play, every one has there own way to play.Personally i don't really care you play a game and have fun thats all the matters.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I only use gameshark because when I lose I go psycho. I mean seriously I freak out and I get close to throwing my PS2 controller into my TV. And that's not a good thing. I have played the FF series on the GBA without cheat codes and have gotten through most of them with strategy guides. Except for FF6. I kept losing to the 2nd boss and literally threw my GBA across my room and it went under my dresser. Not a good thing.

But I think people should just stop complaining about people using a gameshark. Who cares. It's just a game its not like your cheating on a test. Playing with a gameshark/codebreaker/Action replay makes a game more enjoyable because you're not dying ever minute you encounter a boss or even a regular monster or a death trap.

And Chief I have beaten games that have taken 3 months for me or anyone else to beat I've done it in one week or possibly 3. It usually depends on a) how intrested I am in the story and b) If I have the actual time to beat it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5