+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamers: Are they bad people??

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Gamers: Are they bad people??

About a month ago I was in the video games section at a shopping mall when an elderly man approached me and asked if I was a gamer. I said "Yes" and he gave me a look of utter and complete scorn and said "Figures. All gamers are bums." I said back to him "And what about your children, or your grandchildren? I guess they're all bums too?" He says to me "Well thats different." And then I said back "Whats different?? I guess all of kids are bad people." Then he just walked off. Still glaring at me. Well are all of us gamers 'Evil People'?? Or is it another example of how stupid alot of people have gotten.mad:

Meow. :3

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gamers: Are they bad people??

LOL
    That Old man Was posting his opinion
    And as well as that you cant just say an example of how stupid people have gotten
    When the old man was just posing his point
    Although he was posing his point quite rudely.
    Well getting more on to the point us gamers are not bad people
    we just like looking at a screen.
    It was was a mere point of opinion that old man made

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe that this really happened in such offensive black and white terms, so it's hard to comment.

Sounds like textbook imaginary persecution to me...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that this t-shirt image from CTRL-ALT-DEL puts it best:

Games do not make violent/bad/murderous/ect ect people. It may be a contributing factor, but in the end, its the person who decides to do those things, not the games.

as for that comment that "All gamers are bums", he's more then likely coming from the school of thought that a hard days work comes from actually breaking a sweat and doing physical work to make ends meet, instead of say, competing professionally in video games and making a living off of it.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I don't believe that this really happened in such offensive black and white terms, so it's hard to comment.

Sounds like textbook imaginary persecution to me...
    Yeah I agree, it sounds really iffy that an old man would walk up to you questioning whether you are a gamer instead of asking you if you were an immigrant.

If it did happen, just put him in a chokehold and put him to sleep.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I to find that hard to believe, but then again it depeneds on where you live. I have my own experience of people randumly walking up to me and ask me questions before, mostly because they were turist or if I was in the mid west to south east where quiet franckly many of the people out there are very nosey and will do that which annoys me to no end.

But any way, no gamers are not bad, those that act like complete jerks and retards are a very small portion of the gamer population, most gamers are very cool. As for the elderly guy stating his opinion that gamers are bums well its just his opinion and I would guess he has never picked up a game controler in his life.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

gamers? bad people? haha! that's funny. Gamers are just video game afficionados (spelling?) and nothing more.

i love the fact that the Columbine incident was blamed on Doom and Wolfenstien. Do not blame the games. Blame the mental stability of the children, or the abiltity of the parent to keep an eye on their kids.
    Why hello there!

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, look at todays politicians. They hate video games and the people who play them. I cant walk into a store and buy a rated Teen game without having to have my Mom or Dad giving permission to buy a Teen game. Its understandable about the rated Mature games, but TEEN?! COME ON! Many other elderly people had their opinions made up about me when they discovered that I was a gamer. And thanks NeoDeath90. I agree with you completely. Its the stability of the people, and the parents ability to keep an eye on what games they play. My parents let me play the Halo games. Why? Because it promotes heroism.

Meow. :3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast