+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamers: Are they bad people??

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gamers: Are they bad people??

They say the same about people who love to listen to, and play 'distorted' music.
    In the past they bitched about it too and if history repeats itself, the sheer mass of people 'being evil' will just win EVERY TIME. What are they going to do, stop making games?, When worst comes to worst, they might encourage a 'gamer hunt'

I also dont believe anyone would think gamers as evil...let alone classify 'gamers' as a group of anything really other than people who play video games at leisure.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I think that this t-shirt image from CTRL-ALT-DEL puts it best:

I see your CTRL-ALT-DEL image and raise you a jinx one that says otherwise

On a serious note, @ katsoyori33 I want to know what your punk "bum" butt was doing to piss the old man off? I mean people just don't come up to your for "no" reason and bless you out or call you names. Did you think for a minute maybe you weren't the model image of a gamer for the old man to see? I mean what exactly were you doing huh huh huh?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

A smack-talking 12-14 year old who's trying all his new cuss words that he just found on the TV? A never-leave-home nerd who talks down at you just because you just joined the game and trying things out for FUN? A bunch of immature children and men locked into a single room making fun of celebrities and pop singers when they've never really seen or heard more than 2 things from them? A little child who'd rather play an extremely complex game rather than find the joys in something as simple as a race or a pillow fight?

Oh yes, I do find something wrong with gamers.

Don't get me wrong, by today's standards, I'm a gamer myself-
    A 2nd generation gamer, a 1st generation "n00b".
    (meaning: raised during the SNES-Genesis years, and part of the generation that created the word "n00b" and called one)

-but I find the shallowness, cockiness, and all-around uselessness in "ubergamers" or "hardcore gamers" or whatever they call themselves, rather... AGGRAVATING.
    I've separated myself from gamers for a damned-to-hell good reason.

I play games for fun, which is more than I can say for many gamers.
    RPG gamers play for story and character development...
    -while FF gamers play for the same damned-thing over and over again! JK! ...or am I?

Strategy gamers play for obvious things, FPS gamers play for THE MOMENT, Fighting gamers play for the skill, Racing gamers play to be #1, and etc etc etc...

..but rarely, OH SO RARELY, do I find gamers who actually play for FUN!
    No, people seem to misunderstand me, so let me simplify it with the biggest question of them all:

If you were in the spotlight, and thousands of people were cheering for you (or your opponent)... and let's say there was a big shiny trophy waiting for you...
    AND!
    IF YOU SAW THE PERFECT PLACE, TIME, AND WAY FOR YOU TO LOSE IN THE MOST DAZZLING WAY THAT COULD MAKE ALL THE CROWDS CHEER AND GENERATIONS OF PEOPLE WOULD REMEMBER SUCH A GLORIOUS MOMENT:
    Would you lose? Just for that moment.

If the answer is no, then you don't play games just for the FUN of it.
    ...the sad thing is, I've sacrificed my moment in the spotlight many times just so a dazzling moment like that could happen for a person... and the great thing is, I've destroyed many people by creating the most humiliating loss for them so that we all could get a great laugh or a strong handshake. ... and of course, I've also totally JUST missed the moment and did a rather "wtf?" suicide that killed the game.

...the fact is: It is just a game. And most of you gamers take yourself too seriously.

Newbie Mitsarugii is off to a good start Mitsarugii's Avatar
    Next to an explosive Toilet Paper Factory
    Thanks

And that's why you don't talk to strangers! especially old creepy people.

But obviously gamers are NOT bad people. Usually they're nicer people IMO. but theirs going to be smack-talkers in just about every group anyways. Just sounds like the old man doesn't want kids playing video games all day, or he's just very anti-technology XD
    "The gate to my heart has been weld shut
    with the splendor of my aspirations closed in
    how many years have we waited
    for a ship that never set sail?"
    lyrics by As I Lay Dying

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    I see your CTRL-ALT-DEL image and raise you a jinx one that says otherwise

On a serious note, @ katsoyori33 I want to know what your punk "bum" butt was doing to piss the old man off? I mean people just don't come up to your for "no" reason and bless you out or call you names. Did you think for a minute maybe you weren't the model image of a gamer for the old man to see? I mean what exactly were you doing huh huh huh?
    See? This is exactly what I mean. I was thinking about getting Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. I wasnt saying or doing anything to make anybody agravated.

Meow. :3

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

this is a lie i am a gamer myself i love to play video games but you know what i do have a life outside of it.

i do track for school. and i hang out with friends. and i am preparing for college so he is just an old geezer that just doesn't want to face reality that you can be gamer and still have a life.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    this is a lie i am a gamer myself i love to play video games but you know what i do have a life outside of it.

i do track for school. and i hang out with friends. and i am preparing for college so he is just an old geezer that just doesn't want to face reality that you can be gamer and still have a life.
    E.X.A.C.T.L.Y!! Just because someone's a gamer. doesnt mean that they're bad people.

Meow. :3

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, I think there is very much still a stereotype that gamers are socially inept neanderthalls packed away in their mother's basement pushing random buttons that cause the screen to flash really shiny-like. People assume this, then take it one step further and assume everyone who does so is infinately lazy, then take it another step, and assume they are all bums who contribute nothing meaningful to society.

Then there is the debate that games like Grand Theft Auto cause violent behavior, making gamers bad people who are influenced by this medium. There was a recent debacle about the game Bully promoting and glorifying bullying, when in fact, that was not in any way a theme in the game, it was judged by the title. Gaming still isn't really an accepted medium I think when compared to movies and books because of stuff like this. As such, I think the players themselves come under attack a lot based off these presumptions.

Video games don't craft bad people in the same way movies don't craft bad people. It's media, not mind control.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast