+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamers: Are they bad people??

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gamers: Are they bad people??

HAHA!
    I work @ a video game store...
    we have 6 tvs playin different consoles.... and theres this old guy... prolly 65-70 that comes in every single day and asks us to put halo 2 in the xbox so that he can play it XD

there are all kinds of gamers out there... I deal w them every day...
    most of them are pretty chill but... unfortunately there are jerks outthere too...
    I mean Im a average player @ FPS and RPGs, I pretty sure i can kick most ppls butts in RTS but still...
    whenever I see a newbie(not a noob, cuz theres a difference) playin online I try to help him u know? like heres the shortcuts, u can do this and that...
    but the jerks, the ones that go all like u should uninstall n00b and that kind of crap... they are bad ppl that should get run over by a truck.

so in conclusion, unfortunately ppl generalise. Ive seen 6 year old gamers and also 70 year old gamers and maybe older too... all of them good ppl, enjoying their game and being friendly... but just as in ur everyday life, ull encounter the jerks, and some ppl might think that all of us are like that :/
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Newbie alyne is off to a good start alyne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsoyori33 View Post
    About a month ago I was in the video games section at a shopping mall when an elderly man approached me and asked if I was a gamer. I said "Yes" and he gave me a look of utter and complete scorn and said "Figures. All gamers are bums." I said back to him "And what about your children, or your grandchildren? I guess they're all bums too?" He says to me "Well thats different." And then I said back "Whats different?? I guess all of kids are bad people." Then he just walked off. Still glaring at me. Well are all of us gamers 'Evil People'?? Or is it another example of how stupid alot of people have gotten.mad:

i don't think gamers are bad people!i happen to be one.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well i don't get what that old man mean!!! GAMMERS ARE NOOOOTTTTT BAD

its better then being in drugs and alcohol etc right?

sitting in ur room plain a good game
    or out on a street corner selling drugs?...to get kids addicted and ill ??

i don't get were he thinks were bad

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, since we all seem to be on the same side, perhaps we should discuss the various possible reasons this hypothetical old man would think this way, then systematically shoot down the arguements?. EX:

- Gamers would rather game than spend time with their family!
    - Games are mindless, children waste their youth and teenage years on them to no gain!
    - Games are new fangled technology, and all new fangled technology is the devil!
    - Games these days are making this generaton slaves to electricity!
    - Gamers, they're all arrogant jerks! I met one once, and you should always judge people based off one encounter!
    - Gamers are lazy! Rather than learn an instrument, they are content to play their new Guitar Hero. Rather than learn to dance, they step on oversized direction buttons in DDR.

People who think gamers are bad people probably have a reason they think that way. For example, maybe the bad gamers are just the loudest and most apparent, despite being a minority.

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

lol I think that stuff like this is funny cause that I always here that people that play games start to think that it is real. Me i play alot of world of warcraft and i am not going to go out and be like I am dillon and I am a lvl 70 mage and start acting like i am going to cast fire on some random people and then when the run away I am not going to be like dang i just missed out on a epic item.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    A smack-talking 12-14 year old who's trying all his new cuss words that he just found on the TV? A never-leave-home nerd who talks down at you just because you just joined the game and trying things out for FUN? A bunch of immature children and men locked into a single room making fun of celebrities and pop singers when they've never really seen or heard more than 2 things from them? A little child who'd rather play an extremely complex game rather than find the joys in something as simple as a race or a pillow fight?

Oh yes, I do find something wrong with gamers.

Don't get me wrong, by today's standards, I'm a gamer myself-
    A 2nd generation gamer, a 1st generation "n00b".
    (meaning: raised during the SNES-Genesis years, and part of the generation that created the word "n00b" and called one)

-but I find the shallowness, cockiness, and all-around uselessness in "ubergamers" or "hardcore gamers" or whatever they call themselves, rather... AGGRAVATING.
    I've separated myself from gamers for a damned-to-hell good reason.

I play games for fun, which is more than I can say for many gamers.
    RPG gamers play for story and character development...
    -while FF gamers play for the same damned-thing over and over again! JK! ...or am I?

Strategy gamers play for obvious things, FPS gamers play for THE MOMENT, Fighting gamers play for the skill, Racing gamers play to be #1, and etc etc etc...

..but rarely, OH SO RARELY, do I find gamers who actually play for FUN!
    No, people seem to misunderstand me, so let me simplify it with the biggest question of them all:

If you were in the spotlight, and thousands of people were cheering for you (or your opponent)... and let's say there was a big shiny trophy waiting for you...
    AND!
    IF YOU SAW THE PERFECT PLACE, TIME, AND WAY FOR YOU TO LOSE IN THE MOST DAZZLING WAY THAT COULD MAKE ALL THE CROWDS CHEER AND GENERATIONS OF PEOPLE WOULD REMEMBER SUCH A GLORIOUS MOMENT:
    Would you lose? Just for that moment.

If the answer is no, then you don't play games just for the FUN of it.
    ...the sad thing is, I've sacrificed my moment in the spotlight many times just so a dazzling moment like that could happen for a person... and the great thing is, I've destroyed many people by creating the most humiliating loss for them so that we all could get a great laugh or a strong handshake. ... and of course, I've also totally JUST missed the moment and did a rather "wtf?" suicide that killed the game.

...the fact is: It is just a game. And most of you gamers take yourself too seriously.

Well yeah the like hardcore gamer that plays in tournaments and wins and thinks he's so fantistic for it are asses and it is agrivating but i don't think an entire definition on what type of games they play means that they're going to be jerks for playing it naturally. true Shooter type games get people amped up and it does get competitive but that doesn't mean they're jerks. most likely they're good at the game, and that's it. they basically suck at life and the only thing they're good at is a video game but its wutever. like i know sum guys that friendships got ruined over Halo 2 brah, and i always thought that was f'in absurd, IT JUST A GAME. but i dunno...

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Well, since we all seem to be on the same side, perhaps we should discuss the various possible reasons this hypothetical old man would think this way, then systematically shoot down the arguements?. EX:

- Gamers would rather game than spend time with their family!
    - Games are mindless, children waste their youth and teenage years on them to no gain!
    - Games are new fangled technology, and all new fangled technology is the devil!
    - Games these days are making this generaton slaves to electricity!
    - Gamers, they're all arrogant jerks! I met one once, and you should always judge people based off one encounter!
    - Gamers are lazy! Rather than learn an instrument, they are content to play their new Guitar Hero. Rather than learn to dance, they step on oversized direction buttons in DDR.

People who think gamers are bad people probably have a reason they think that way. For example, maybe the bad gamers are just the loudest and most apparent, despite being a minority.
    Luminious:
    -People probably want to escape their parents especially if they bring them down or argue a lot. That's what I do. I want nothing to do with my mum because we don't see eye to eye. Plain and simple. I can get along with my dad..
    -That's a comment overly religious, ignorant, and most Southern people who don't like change would say. Trust me my dad's an engineer he has to deal with it everyday.
    -So we should go back to oil-lamps?
    -DDR is hard. You try playing "Drop the Bomb" on Challenge Mode in DDR Extreme. You will lose more pounds doing that than playing the Wii.

Anyways I don't think gamers are bad people. I think people should stop whinning about gaming. Its doing a lot better than the movie industry. Don't complain about something that is profitable. There are people who work hard on these games and will make more money than you could ever make doing an office job. The gamers I know actually want to work for companies like Square Enix. Its a job they will love and enjoy. What's wrong with that? I'm a gamer and I had dreams of being a game designer. (I'm bad at coding and looking at what my dad has to do, I don't want to do it.) But I could be a character designer and come up with sketches of characters and what not.

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Gamers are bad people?
    He probably said that because he had a bad memories with gamers or he said it & he don't mean it(i mean that you know,people when they get old they sometimes Hallucinate!)
    anyway, it depends upon the players themself,but about gaming I don't see bad thing about it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast