+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Gamers: Are they bad people??

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: video games=immaturity

I think its parents and other athority figures not wanting to take responsablity for raising youth to be responsable say that.

I play video games regularly, but ever since I was 15, I've had to support my hobby by myself, meaning I had to hold down a job to do so. Every month I spend about 200 dollars on my hobby (150 dollars to pay off my TV loan, and ~50 dollars for a new game).

Its like saying that violent video games are directly responsable for violent crimes committed by their users, which is a total load of crock. A person who has been raised properly will know the difference between reality and fiction and not do such things.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: video games = immaturity

I hope a day will come soon were games will be on the same level of acceptance as films and books. That its classics will stand on equal ground with film and book classics. Business wise it already left the movie industry in the dust so it's only a matter of time.

Otaku Zerosan9000 is off to a good start
    Thanks

lol i find this funny im a huge gamer and yes im kinda imuature but games have nothing to do with it its me lol i like having fun and sometimes immatuer is the way to go lol

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've been reading a bit on the interwebs about a book out called "Grand Theft Childhood" that sort of brings some actual research into the ring with regards to the behaviors of gamers. From the interviews I've seen with the authors, it seems like they found that there was a small connection between games and immature stuff like bullying, but not much beyond that if I'm correct.

If you want the actual source of immaturity, give a 10 year old a headset and an online audience, and throw in some anonymity for good measure, and see what transpires.

Perhaps some of us are just immature while actually playing the game, and it causes generalizations. Grab some friends together for some Mario Party action, and I'm sure the house visitors will probably see a bunch of immature teens in front of the TV screaming at each other if they looked in on the group playing. Immaturity can be a fun part of competition among friends, although mayhaps not all see it that way.

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I have seen adults at sporting events that are way more immature than many gamers I know. True, I do know quite a few immature gamers, but most of those are spoiled by their parents anyway. I also knew a few Professors at Kent Ashtabula who were highly immature. And they don't play video games. It seems to go back to that thing about how playing Dungeons & Dragons causes you to go out and commit murder or become a Satanic Cultist.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gamers: Are they bad people??

Being an "immature" and being a "gamer" are from two different dimensions ,some one can be one of them or both depending on the individual's personality and not because one of the two factors is affecting the other.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    Being an "immature" and being a "gamer" are from two different dimensions ,some one can be one of them or both depending on the individual's personality and not because one of the two factors is affecting the other.
    Exactly. I've met alot of immature people who don't play games at all. But most of the gamers I know are more mature then 70% I know. Games like GTA are not responsible for crimes some people commit. It's the person's mind and ability to differentiate good and evil. Actually, there are games out there that inspire people to become better people.

Meow. :3

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsoyori33 View Post
    Exactly. I've met alot of immature people who don't play games at all. But most of the gamers I know are more mature then 70% I know. Games like GTA are not responsible for crimes some people commit. It's the person's mind and ability to differentiate good and evil. Actually, there are games out there that inspire people to become better people.
    and there are also games that inspire people to become worse ,that's if someone is that simple-minded to let it happen.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast