+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Gamers: Are they bad people??

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gamers: Are they bad people??

Quote Originally Posted by katsoyori33 View Post
    Hmm... To me, calling ALL gamers bad is no different then RACISM. And y'know what? If any of you don't believe what I said about the old man calling me a bum that's fine with me. You don't have to. But anyway. The Elitists out there ARE jerks. But don't confuse them with the rest of us. What's the difference between movies and games? They are both forms of entertainment. And very similar. Games are like movies. You even hold a controller in your hand just like watching TV. In fact, a doctor did some research and said that people who play games are SMARTER than most people who DON'T play video games. He says also that games like Halo actually make people think more about what they're doing. It may sound like I'm making all this up, but I'm telling the truth. It was in one of IGNs 2007 issues.
    I have also have read that issue. And its true in my book. Video games makes a person use their brain, as well as their hands, eyes, and ears. Even your reaction time is being exercised the games.
    Oh, and katsoyori33, The incident with the old man, don think too much of it. Because when it comes to people like that, it simply comes down to 2 things:
    1-He said that because he is a angry old man, and when he was young, his favorite pastime was to huddle up with the family and listen to a out-of date radio. He is simply jealous of what kids have today. And he want to makes you feel as miserable as him.
    2-He said that because he simply suck at video games. Heck, he would more than likely have a hard time trying to get to lv. 2 on a game of tetris.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-x View Post
    I have also have read that issue. And its true in my book. Video games makes a person use their brain, as well as their hands, eyes, and ears. Even your reaction time is being exercised the games.
    Oh, and katsoyori33, The incident with the old man, don think too much of it. Because when it comes to people like that, it simply comes down to 2 things:
    1-He said that because he is a angry old man, and when he was young, his favorite pastime was to huddle up with the family and listen to a out-of date radio. He is simply jealous of what kids have today. And he want to makes you feel as miserable as him.
    2-He said that because he simply suck at video games. Heck, he would more than likely have a hard time trying to get to lv. 2 on a game of tetris.
    Thanks for proving that for me. If you can remember which issue it was in that would be GREAT!! But anyway yeah. It doesnt get to me THAT much. It's just I dont understand why he would walk up to ME and try to start a fight... But HEY. That's not what this topic is about.

Meow. :3

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsoyori33 View Post
    Thanks for proving that for me. If you can remember which issue it was in that would be GREAT!! But anyway yeah. It doesn't get to me THAT much. It's just I don't understand why he would walk up to ME and try to start a fight... But HEY. That's not what this topic is about.
    Well sorry, but I don't know the exact issue that it was in. But it might be in one of the early issue (between jan. and apr. issues). Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Us bad people? Hell no! We can get edgy after playing so much for two days straight but other than that, we're awesome! ^_^

Yes I admit it, Unreal Tournament had a very immense impact on my fragile psyche when I first played it.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Are Gamers bad people? Well, if we are I'm one of the worst out there. I started playing games when Atari was NEW, and when I had kids I introduced them to games. personally, I feel that games make you think. My kids picked up reading really fast because they wanted to understand what was going on in their games.

As for the old guy picking an argument.....It happens. I've had people (total strangers) wanting to know what was wrong with me because I still play games at my age. MY answer to them,"Absolutely nothing wrong with me. Whats wrong with you that you don't?"

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    Are Gamers bad people? Well, if we are I'm one of the worst out there. I started playing games when Atari was NEW, and when I had kids I introduced them to games. personally, I feel that games make you think. My kids picked up reading really fast because they wanted to understand what was going on in their games.
    Then I'm a bad person as well, I introduced my younger brother to video games, now I can't make him get up from in front of the PS3 when he's playing. Before I got him the PS3 though, I used to make him play Nintendo 64(Yes, I still have one! ^_^) and play Mario with me!

I really don't think there's anything wrong with being a gamer. I think people are just too quick to judge.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Newbie metalmaster32 is off to a good start metalmaster32's Avatar
    Thanks

I was a victim of games back in the early 1990's and I didn't go out committing crimes or get stupid ideas from them. It really is a negative stereotype that gamers are all lazy bums and do nothing but play. Games can actually be beneficial to people now because in fact studies have shown gamers have better hand-eye coordination than those who don't play games.

Games are getting more interactive and entertaining. This makes people want to play them. It's just another form of entertainment like going to the movies or even playing sports. Your just doing it with a controller.

But if people want to think that way then I am a bad person and a menace to society. Damn you Nintendo......

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

No us gamers are not evil people, that's so stupid that a guy would think we are bums, I mean I'm 16 and don't have a job yet, but I'll be looking for one soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast