+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: games: good or bad?

Otaku Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion, Zizzo Challenge Champion, Zwill Champion, Aragon Dragon Champion KingAnime is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: games: good or bad?

Everyone has there own addiction but playing games is an addiction in its own league, Video games draw in crowds of people ranging from all ages, and since games went online they became even more popular so i'd have to say that games are good for those who don't abuse or overuse the time they play the game.

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
    Beware My Power Green Lanterns Might

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm...

I believe that if someone abuses their video games, it can be detrimental to that person. But if that person plays games at proper times, not only can it be good entertainment, but also a good learning tool.

The effect of video games on the brain is a research area gaining popularity as the percentage of children and adults who play video games is on the rise. Some people believe violence in video games and in other media promotes violent behavior among viewers. While there is not sufficient data to validate this claim, there are a number of studies showing that video games can increase aggressive behavior and emotional outbursts, and decrease inhibitions. From a few of these studies, it is quite obvious that the video games do have at least some effect on the behavior of the player. The extent and long range consequences of these behavior changes after one has turned off the video game are not so easily deduced. One source states that "While research on video games and aggressive behavior must be considered preliminary, it may be reasonably inferred from the more than 1,000 reports and studies on television violence that video game violence may also contribute to aggressive behavior and desensitization to violence". Another study reports that "Hostility was increased both in subjects playing a highly aggressive video game and those playing a mildly aggressive video game. Subjects who had played the high-aggression game were significantly more anxious than other subjects".

Meow. :3

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

i am not that big fan of games ^^ to say the truth , but how i think of it ... i think games are good when we have fun by playing it X3 like you said , we can use games to make our anger go away ^_- that really work ... and it is bad becasue playing games make the eyes bad becasue how much we look and search and react >,< T,T becasue of games i have to wear glasses WAAAAA ... anyways LOL , it is bad for health and sometimes it react on our personalty ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Newbie THE BEAST is off to a good start THE BEAST's Avatar
    Thanks

me I think they're good for us by imagnation, hand eye coordination, and stess release. bad for us by it being addictive, you dont get proper excersise if you overplay games, and that's it.
    Don't mess with me unless your looking to die

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

I love video games as much as anyone else, but I'm not going to lie. I think video games are, relatively, a waste of time. Of course, there are things that are much less productive, but, simultaneously, there are way too many things that are twice as useful. Many will argue that video games increase hand-eye coordination, and they will, but only for video games. My sister is a living example; she couldn't play a sport or a musical instrument if she tried (well, if she really tried, she'd be able to play an instrument. . . but she isn't very motivated).
    Here's another example: One day, someone decides to punch me. Even though I half expected it, I wasn't close to blocking it before it hit. Needless to say, outside of the video game world, my reaction time wasn't good at all.
    The only real benefit I can see is expanding the imagination and thus interactively stimulating the brain (video games seem to do a much better job of this than television programs).

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

There was this thing I forgot to watch about how video games can keep you healthier in some ways. I merely use video games as a recreational outlet for fun, I don't play them as much but when I do I enjoy it. Usually only on rainy days I'll pop a disc in my ancient PS2 and kill some time. I don't let them control my life though, that's when you know you are getting to attached.

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THE BEAST View Post
    me I think they're good for us by imagnation, hand eye coordination, and stess release. bad for us by it being addictive, you dont get proper excersise if you overplay games, and that's it.
    that is very true games are good for the mind and the imagination like you said ^_^ , sometimes becasue of games i can write stories or imagining them happen and stuff like that !! ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

well...like any form of self-indulgence, it always appears to be a double edge sword. it mainly depends on the person who utilizes it. whether good or bad.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast