Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gang war and drive by shooting (is it reasonable enough to own a gun?)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Question Gang war and drive by shooting (is it reasonable enough to own a gun?)

i don't know how familiar the others are on Gang war and drive by shooting, but do you think this is reasonable to get a license to carry permit for a gun or not? ( just asking for opinions here)

I was raised in a city where the down tonwn part has been known for drive by and well gang war. my cousin was shot by a drive by because he was mistaken to be part of a gang that he only happen to be in shool with.

let's kick this discussion off: i am not infavor of permits for a license to carry a gun (whether bought or home made ) there have been too many victims of these things and i don't know the motives of the gangs but involving innocient people and kids well is just plain horrid. and teaching them that there is no other way out of this life.
    Last edited by PhoenixSara; May 16, 2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: spell check and grammar
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gang war and drive by shooting (is it reasonable enough to own a gun?)

It ain't the guns fault, its our fault for owning the guns, we are the ones who use them to kill other people, this is going through a lot of kids minds because they seen it on tv and believe it some kind a game. Thousands of older adults live that life by voilence. not the guns, gangs think they are fighting for a reason, what reason is that? I don't know the answer to that question, but I think guns aren't violence, we are the violence.

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I can tell you right now that having a gun in any case is wrong to me. And as the drive-by part, thats even less of a reason to have one. I've seen many drive-byes in my life. Heck I got shot once because I was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time(I will try to download a pic. of my scar). Gun shouldn't be on the streets for any reason, including for gang wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

it certianly makes you think "Do i want to live/continue living in a gang war area?"

if you dont wish to live where this happens and not have to ponder whether or not to own a gun, then stay where you feel you are safe.

if, on the other hand, you choose to live in these places, i would advise having a gun, only if you are sure you know what you are doing and have the logical sense to use the gun to only prtect yourself and your property.

the gun is not at fault if it kills some one. that burden belongs to the shooter and his/her motives.
    Why hello there!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSara View Post
    let's kick this discussion off: i am not infavor of permits for a license to carry a gun (whether bought or home made ) there have ben too many victims of these things and i don't know the motives of the gangs but involving innocient people and kids well is just plain horrid. and teaching them that there is no other way out of this life.
    Let me just point out that gun permits are not given to gang members but rather people that could end up being victimized by them The question isn't whether you think gangs should have guns but whether you think others should be able to defend themselves against the gangs etc in this world.

I think if I lived in an area with a lot of gang activity I would think of buying one to defend myself with. So yes, that would be reasonable.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Arrianna and Hellknight. Guns are not given to gang members; in fact, most guns used are either stolen or smuggled in. I also believe that we the people have the right to defend our selves with a gun. If some one breaks into my house I will use a gun to defend my family and my self as I am not taking any chances. Also, if another person threatens you with a gun and all you have is a rock or a knife well then my friend you’re either in for a world of hurt or wind up dead. Also the gangs that use guns are what I call stupid people, and its stupid people like gangs who use guns to kill and hurt others for what ever crappy and completely moronic and stupid reason they have. So it’s not the guns fault, it’s the stupid people using them.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

What we should be doing is cracking down on these illegal guns and removing them, or at least reducing the numbers.

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    What we should be doing is cracking down on these illegal guns and removing them, or at least reducing the numbers.
    Easier said than done.They odds of people making a positive impact in this situation is slim to nil. And most people will not help out for the fact that they are scared of getting shot themselves.....

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast