+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 'Garage Band' Prejudice

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 'Garage Band' Prejudice

I never heard your band but I've heard some garage bands that are better than the mainstream crap out there. Just because you never tried it doesn't mean its bad. This happens to alot bands. No one wants to hear someone isn't famous. That discourages alot of new sounds and talent.

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't realy judge a band before listening to their music, that makes no sence. You don't have to be famous to play good music, i mean half the stuff out there realy isn't that great anyway. I am also a musician and I wouldn't be offended if someone said my music sucked before listening to it. I mean if they haven't herd it they realy don't know how good or bad it sounds. Also why would their opinion matter what matters is what you and your other band members think of your music.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends on the band and on the degree of "sucking," but in general most garage bands are just that: garage bands.

I have several friends in their own bands. They're good players of their instrument. They have fun jamming with each other, and everyone likes hearing them play, but at the end of the day, they're just a garage band. Nothing is to be expected of them as far as to compare them to anything beyond a "garage band." They don't play for their future as a band, they play because they love playing music.

That said, every band has to start somewhere, right? I'm sure there are plenty of bands out there who not only write their own songs, but play them expertly. But then what? Playing awful, bad, decent, good, excellent doesn't change the fact that they're still a garage band.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm i can kinda see what that person is saying because some garage bands are 'garage bands' because they havn't made it big. and to most people if your not a big hit with a record lable then your music sucks.
    Of course the fact that he has never heard your music and him saying your music sucks well he's just an idiot. you cant judge someones music if you have never heard it.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

That guy is a total idiot. If he meant, "You suck because your not famous," he could have just said exactly that. But since he said "You guys suck" I'm going to assume he was just commenting on your music without even listening to it.

It's like a Christian person who has never heard of Buddhism or its morals calls Buddhism a mockery because it's not Christianity.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2