+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices Rise

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gas Prices Rise

Actually, we do drill in Alaska, the Alaskan pipeline. However most of that gas is either stored for later use or gets exported just like most of the gas in Texas. And yes Bush did do something in that he let it happen without telling the oil companies to quit gouging. When the gas companies talk about an increase in revenue it's usually something like 300% over last year, which was 300% over the year before, etc. The companies aren't actually telling you how much they are actually putting out or anything, they're just telling you how much of a profit margin they had.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

You american's don't really get how good you actually have it.

Canadians are currently paying about $1.20 a litre (At least where I live, which is alberta, which is a very oil rich province).

Last time I did my math, 1 litre is 0.26 gallons. So thats roughly 4 litres to a gallon. (1 litre to gallon - Google Search)

The average gas price in the states is about $3.40 a gallon. (USA National Gas Temperature Map)

Since the Canadian Dollar is almost at par with the US dollar, lets just forget about converting the two for right now.

$1.20 x 4 = $4.80.

We pay almost a full dollar more then you do for our gas, and thats the lowest price in the country. Other countries like Britan pay even more.

So quit your whining.

Oh, and another thing.

Canada supplies over half of your oil reserves.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    You american's don't really get how good you actually have it.

Canadians are currently paying about $1.20 a litre (At least where I live, which is alberta, which is a very oil rich province).

Last time I did my math, 1 litre is 0.26 gallons. So thats roughly 4 litres to a gallon. (1 litre to gallon - Google Search)

The average gas price in the states is about $3.40 a gallon. (USA National Gas Temperature Map)

Since the Canadian Dollar is almost at par with the US dollar, lets just forget about converting the two for right now.

$1.20 x 4 = $4.80.

We pay almost a full dollar more then you do for our gas, and thats the lowest price in the country. Other countries like Britan pay even more.

So quit your whining.

Oh, and another thing.

whoot ^.^ go canida!!! Its non-war and pays alot of its oil whoot! Canida rocks! ^.^
    yaa... well the riseing prices is a problem and will only continue to be a problem. (not only in the U.S.)
    death and life are one and the same

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

I went to Nova Scotia about two weeks ago and I do agree with aceman67, there it was 1.30 p/l that is dangerously close to 5.00 p/g. One of my really good friends live in Halifax and he tells me the prices of all the stuff he buys and it is amazing how much he pays for stuff when the Canadian dollar is strong. When he comes and visits us he stocks up on lots of stuff. Anyway back to the topic, I was so shocked when I filled up with gas in Canada and it just brings me back to my point that the oil companies need to be kept in check.

I'm just me.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

So quit your whining....
    Though do keep in mind that the difference between US and Canadian gasoline prices is due to the different government tax structures, and not market pressure. US citizens make up the difference in the form of State and Federal Income taxes, Capital Gains tax on the sales of stocks, bonds, and real estate, and sales taxes. (Though I do admit the US sales taxes and Capital Gains are no where near as bad as that dreaded 'value added' tax that Canada/Europe has in place...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

It is settled, we shall invade Canada too!!

Seriously though, our prices are not that far off. You say you are paying a dollar more than us, but that is not necessarily true for people living in the urban areas in America. Heck, nowadays people will flock to a station that only charges $3.80 a gallon. The point is, it's not about we have it worse because in essence we are all losers. The faster we find another abundant source of energy the better, because currently most of the alternatives that people talk about can help the environment but it'll kill our wallets.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    It is settled, we shall invade Canada too!!

Seriously though, our prices are not that far off. You say you are paying a dollar more than us, but that is not necessarily true for people living in the urban areas in America. Heck, nowadays people will flock to a station that only charges $3.80 a gallon. The point is, it's not about we have it worse because in essence we are all losers. The faster we find another abundant source of energy the better, because currently most of the alternatives that people talk about can help the environment but it'll kill our wallets.
    funny thing is my teacher is always saying that >.< "lets invade Canada!"
    no but it is as other said a problem also with taxes vareation. So you have to take into acount all of those thing before you say more about all the prices diffrence. (not really but just to make it a little fair ^^) well thats what I say =P
    death and life are one and the same

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now if you think the price of Gasoline is high now... you better start wishing, praying, making sacrificial offerings, etc. that this Bloomberg forcast doesn't come true...

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide: Goldman's Murti Says Oil `Likely' to Reach $150-$200 (Update5)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast