+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas Prices... an is russia taking the intiative? -Dual topic thread

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Gas Prices... an is russia taking the intiative? -Dual topic thread

Can't believe that people arent debated this here! So lets begin-

What is the price of gas effecting?

In my opinion gas is effecting everything in society the price of food an the price of everything. The fact that we are paying such a high price for gas to other countries an not raising the prices of things we Export such as food an other materials to these other countries is beyond me. How come we dont raise the price of the food an force the countries that usually get theyre food from us? Wouldnt that force them to lower the price of the oil. The prices are rasiing miniuim wage higher too because the moeny we was making those people cant afford to survivie anymore in the country with the prices of everything raising. This also effected the home industries since a rise in prices people cant afford the homes they boought, because they arent getting the raises in theyre pay checks to cover rising costs. Which is incredibly sad, here we are suppling support to so many countries an people in our own country are going homeless an starving. I think america needs to just stay out of other countries business for awhile an worry about her own, if we dont i see a depression short at hand in my personal opinion.

====

Russia!!! Stake claims in the artic?

Environmentalists beware, russia has planted a flag in the artic, but whydoesnt this cause more of a outrage? an where is america. Russia hasnt been as responsible about destroying its wastes an taking more care of the environment, u actually think they will take care of the polar bears? i dont think so. I think america would take better care of the animals an wildlife an environment in the artic, so why arent we staking claims. Point the fingers straight to the environmentalists, its theyre fault they are stopping us, from 20% of the entire worlds natural resources. But yet they havent done too much to stop russia! Whats ur opinions on this. Im sure the articles floating out there on the web go read it, i watched a special on the news about it on cnn awhile back.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gas Prices... an is russia taking the intiative? -Dual topic thread

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The thing is, with the exception of Mexico (who's oil production has been in steady decline through the past decade), most of the major oil producing countries, (the Middle East, Russia, Canada) are not dependent on us for food supplies. Plus using food as a political weapon will quickly earn the US a reputation as an unreliable market source, forcing other countries to seek out and subsidize development of emerging agricultural markets (e.g. China, Australia, Canada, South America)...

Now as far as Russia planting its flag at the bottom of the ocean at the North Pole, the US cares diddly squat about it, because of all the countries that border the Arctic Ocean, the US is the only country that has refused to sign the territorial treaty, so as a result, the US refuses to recognize Russia's claim. At the same time, claiming the territory is just a paper claim. Russia already has proven massive deposits in it's Siberia region, but lacks the roads, rail networks, and steel pipeline manufacturing capacity to exploit the resources. As a result, Russia had officially stated earlier this year that its peak oil production of two years ago will probably never ever be matched in the future.

For that matter, the US has also leased large tracts of Gulf Coast ocean space for oil drilling that has remained vacant for decades. And the most recent oil companies quarterly financial reports indicate that they spent at least ten times more on stock buy back programs then they spent on oil exploration. And at the Congressional hearings this year, a oil company representative stated that even despite the shrinking spare capacity for gasoline production, the oil companies won't build new refineries because it's against their financial interest to do so... With the record setting profits that the US oil sector has been making, the lack of foreign oil doesn't seem to have much of an impact on their earnings...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gas Prices... an is russia taking the intiative? -Dual topic thread

Ahh i understand what u mean about us charging more for food, an the countries seeking out new sources. But isnt it proven that saudia arbia an middle east countires are a unreliable source for oil now? seeing that our prices are out the roof, it would only make more since for us to seek new sources, yes bush is trying to get the offshore drilling to allow drillign further off the contential shelf, but that wont be enough, an will take years to exploit anyways. So why arent we looking at other countries for their oil supplies, prehaps southamerica?

It wont make much of a impact now from the fact we dont really have reliable technology to exploit the oil supplies, but in the future when supplies start becoming any lower the demand for the fossil fuels will force alot of technolgy to adapt to fit the environment as proven in the past, such as off shore drilling an such. We arent accepting them staking their claims, but i dont see us retaliating agasint the act. An in the future we will go after theose reserves. I think actions need to be taken to show we are interrested now, before the future comes an a new war starts over what few reserves are there.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

+ Reply to Thread