Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gay/Lesbian Adoption. Yes or No?

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Gay/Lesbian Adoption. Yes or No?

So, I am doing a speech in school in my Public Speaking class.... and I am doing it on Gay/Lesbian adoption... and I know we have hit this topic once before in the forums but... I want to use this forum for a results portion in my speech... Simple enough, right? All I need is about 20-40 people to post ether they are for or against Gay/Lesbian adoption and why or why not. [The Question I am asking is as follows: Do you think Gay/Lesbian Adoption should be acceptable among all forms of society? Why or why not?] Your names will not be mentioned and your opinions will not be scrutinized. All I need is a yes or a no and an explanation that is to be documented. If you have no opinion then I suppose... just post no opinion... This is a statistical post. Again, no names/screen names will be mentioned, just answers and explanations. I would be so grateful to those who help me out. ~Starfire1036
    P.S. if this thread happens to be closed... please pm your answers to me.

Debate and Discuss The place for intelligent, heated discussions. Have something to discuss? Bring it up here and expect confrontation, but keep it civil, or else...<<<LOL

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay/Lesbian Adoption. Yes or No?

i say abosolutely. There is nothing wrong with adoption for Gay or Lesbian. the only issue i can see arising is other childrens opinions/reactions to it.
    but it makes sense to allow it if we truly want to keep an open and free society.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    i say abosolutely. There is nothing wrong with adoption for Gay or Lesbian. the only issue i can see arising is other childrens opinions/reactions to it.
    but it makes sense to allow it if we truly want to keep an open and free society.
    *Bows. Your contribution of incite is greatly appreciated.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

no problem. I am willing to fight for gay rights, mainly because I see no difference between discrimination against gays, and discrimination against gender or race.

I think everyone should have the opportunity to be a parent, and as there are may children in need of adoption, I see no reason why this should not be allowed.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmm.....yes. I do believe that gay/lesbian couples should be allowed to adopt. Why shouldn't they? I mean we all have rights, do we not?? Although discrimanation agaist them has gone on for a long time, racial discrimanation has gone on far longer. There is nothing wrong with them. They just happen to like someone from the same gender. What should be asked instead if they are a gay/lesbian couple, is if they will make good parents.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Hmmmm.....yes. I do believe that gay/lesbian couples should be allowed to adopt. Why shouldn't they? I mean we all have rights, do we not?? Although discrimanation agaist them has gone on for a long time, racial discrimanation has gone on far longer. There is nothing wrong with them. They just happen to like someone from the same gender. What should be asked instead if they are a gay/lesbian couple, is if they will make good parents.
    Again my friend your contribution is greatly appreciated

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to give you the opposite POV.

No.

Adoption is a privilege not a right and should be about the needs of the children not the desires of the adults. It has been proven that children do best in a "traditional" family, that they need both strong male and female role models. A married man and woman can provide this structure needed even more so for a child that is adopted. Children who are adopted often have problems dealing with the rejection by the previous parents so this kind of stability is even more important then ever.

There is an exception to this in older adopted youth. When youth, who are not in a family unit with other siblings, are adopted out they frequently do better with a single parent who can dedicate personal one on one time to them. For them it is best to be with an adult who is not in any relationship and does not mind giving them the next ___ years dedication. In this case it would not matter the persons "sexual orientation" since it would not be active anyway lest the adopted child be marginalized at a time they need it most.

Or in other words whether or not adoption should be allowed has absolutely nothing to do with discrimination vs rights and everything to do with the needs of the children involved.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

i so agree with Arrianna, more so than anyone can know ^^ children who are adopted need to have strong role models in the home ie. A male and a female. no discrimination or anything and the desires should go all around for the children and parents who are adopting. I would personally know myself because i am adopted. So i personally think that gay/lesbian adoption is a definent NO ^^ no offense what so ever.
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast