Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gay/Lesbian Adoption. Yes or No?

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay/Lesbian Adoption. Yes or No?

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose92 View Post
    i so agree with Arrianna, more so than anyone can know ^^ children who are adopted need to have strong role models in the home ie. A male and a female. no discrimination or anything and the desires should go all around for the children and parents who are adopting. I would personally know myself because i am adopted. So i personally think that gay/lesbian adoption is a definent NO ^^ no offense what so ever.
    Foster care head ont he needs of the children

if the adult desires to adopt a chile to pay for the right to have a child grow and learn with in their family then yes it should be allowed. if a parent desires to provide a loving enviroment for a needy child and is willing pay pay for this right as well then it should be based on the desire of the parents AND teh needs of the child.... foster care is based soley on the needs of the child because the parent adult careing for the child is paid to do so... for this i fine ur opinion incorrectly supported by reason and again... if ur not going to provide that loving enviroment for the child why even bother to pay the almost 7000 dollars to have that child move in. it does not benifit you you do not get paid to ake care of the child so y bother.... adoption is based on the parents DESIRE to love and care for a child that NEEEDDDDDDD ittt

in gay adoptions it will surprise you to find out that only one of the pair may adopt the child followed by a co-adoption.

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

everything that glitters ISNT GOLD. so every damn person on this planet cant be a parent, foster care parent or adopter so i dont care if a parent "plans" on having this perfect good little enviornment for their so called child if they are NOT FIT to be parents THEN THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO SO. and if they dont see FIT that the gay/lesbian couple is SUITED to have a so-called LOVING enviornment for the child/children then SO BE IT. -.-
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose92 View Post
    everything that glitters ISNT GOLD. so every damn person on this planet cant be a parent, foster care parent or adopter so i dont care if a parent "plans" on having this perfect good little enviornment for their so called child if they are NOT FIT to be parents THEN THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO SO. and if they dont see FIT that the gay/lesbian couple is SUITED to have a so-called LOVING enviornment for the child/children then SO BE IT. -.-
    one homophobe after another. basing ur argument on how wrong it is to be us. should be ashamed. they what do you mean by they? the ppl who would rather desicrate the love a homo may have for a child then realize a parent who is a foster to three children descides to slice ones face up with a cheese grater?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    adoption is based on the parents DESIRE to love and care for a child that NEEEDDDDDDD ittt
    No, applying to adopt is usually based on the desire to care for a child. Desire has nothing to do with whether that application is accepted, nor should it be, but on their ability to provide (monetarily etc.). The instant you base it on anything other then whether they meet the needs of the child in question you open the process up for law suits and prejudice. Hence all the arguments on this very subject.

Now aren't you going to thank us starfire1036 for our "contribution and incite"? After all you thanked the ones who agree with you and you did ask for
    about 20-40 people to post ether they are for or against Gay/Lesbian adoption and why or why not
    calling everyone who is against names is hardly going to give you your impartial poll results. Instead it is you who are showing prejudice yourself and tainting your research for your speech.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    No, applying to adopt is usually based on the desire to care for a child. Desire has nothing to do with whether that application is accepted, nor should it be, but on their ability to provide (monetarily etc.). The instant you base it on anything other then whether they meet the needs of the child in question you open the process up for law suits and prejudice. Hence all the arguments on this very subject.

Now aren't you going to thank us starfire1036 for our "contribution and incite"? After all you thanked the ones who agree with you and you did ask for calling everyone who is against names is hardly going to give you your impartial poll results. Instead it is you who are showing prejudice yourself and tainting your research for your speech.
    callin out sum1 who does not know wat they speak of is not prejudice.

your opinion had been documented and responded to. thank you.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    callin out sum1 who does not know wat they speak of is not prejudice.
    How do you know that? Do you know these people personally? Prejudice is judging someone based on their appearance, gender, or belief, how have you not done that? You are the one who said:
    one homophobe after another
    based sheerly on a stand against in posts which contained no name calling itself. Shame on you. If you don't want people to judge you you should not do the same to others.

I do appreciate the thanks however I am afraid your response leaves something to be desired in someone who is supposedly trying to get both sides of an issue.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Just because some one disagrees with your point doesn't mean they are homophobes...this is a debate and discuss forum

I have to agree with Arrianna some what

The child needs to come first and how a child is best raised. Though a traditional family might be best for the children, Single parents can run into problems (I think it was Arrianna (maybe lol) that showed some statistics single parents are more likely to raise rapists in another thread? ) but their are single parents out their that are doing a fantastic job.

So rather than saying no they shouldn't, I believe it should be dependant on the situation, eg. such as if a gay couple had a very supportive family, if there were female role models available for that child or male role models that they could have constant support from as well (grandmas, uncles, aunties etc etc) and of course the usual love, food, economic support. And I guess it also depends the age of the child. Finding a match that will best suit the child, not just what the adoptive couple wants, whether they are straight or in a same sex relationship. I'm not sure what the process is like now, but I presume they don't give out children randomly, do the same checks on same sex couple, but check extra to see if a wider support base is there?
    Last edited by _gwenibe_; Apr 04, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    (I think it was Arrianna that single parents are more likely to raise rapists in another thread?)
    *raises eyebrow in confusion*

Excuse me? I what?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast