Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gay/Lesbian Adoption. Yes or No?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay/Lesbian Adoption. Yes or No?

LOL you showed some statistics, sorry, it may have been some one else ^^;; fixed bad typo

I was using it as an example, that yeah a traditional family is good, but there are not so traditional families out there doing fine as well..in regards to same sex adopting

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    (I think it was Arrianna that single parents are more likely to raise rapists in another thread?)
    *raises eyebrow in confusion*

Excuse me? I what?
    this post has nothing to do with the topic! and a homophobic statement will be recognized.

aand _gwenibe_ i am upset at the fact that she said that adoption has nothing to do with the desires of the soon to be parents... if there was no desire behind their motives then what kind of environment would that child be brought into... the desire to adopt
    to pay for the ability to raise a child is exponentially relevant arrianna. You must understand that if there was no desire put out by the adopting parents that there would be no real way of assuring that childs safety
    I say that it is equally what the parents want as to what the child needs
    you have to desire to want to help the child and if you do not then dont bother...
    and dont tell me that those who are adopted and are placed in fostercare (those traditional seeming families) turn out A OK. because that is quite untrue. watch the movie america. it is a movie about children bouncing from home to home.... one is a cutter she saw her father kill herself
    the other attempts to hang himself because his foster mothers brother molested him. and they were brother and sister... a traditional setting. please save your words now
    as i said ur opinion has been documented. Thank You.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

your saying she's homophobe..because she believes for the best of the child?

I don't think Arrianna meant that it had nothing to do with the desire of parents..just that it has to be even more so about the well fare of the child

I'm all for same sex adopting, I was taking Arrianna's point of the 'traditional family' unit being best, saying hey..but there are other 'not traditional' families doing just fine - and if that's the case why can't same sex adopt - based on conditions, like other 'traditional' families have to go through as well..except for the childs benefit, that they should have a wider support base (of grandmas, aunties, uncles etc)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that Gay/Lesbian Adoption is good as it would allow the child to be provided with a better education and a better life, although the child parent are both male or female. And are allowed to grow up a happy normal child, playing with friends and riding bikes, video games and watching movies.

But on the other hand, the child may feel peers pressure or teasing from other children in school for having to parent with the same gender.

I still say yes as the parents would provide a better life.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    your saying she's homophobe..because she believes for the best of the child?

I'm all for same sex adopting, I was taking Arrianna's point of the 'traditional family' unit being best, saying hey..but there are other 'not traditional' families doing just fine - and if that's the case why can't same sex adopt - based on conditions, like other 'traditional' families have to go through as well..except for the childs benefit, that they should have a wider support base (of grandmas, aunties, uncles etc)
    i did not say arrianna was a homophobe. please read the thread again. the person who secondly agreed with her is
    because of the way she posted
    if they see it not fit for gays to adopt then they shouldnt
    she is basing her opinions on what others say not what she (on her own) thinks. she did not need to reply in a nasty mannor to me response to arrianna's post.

people ignore the hardships homosexual people fall under when they are beaten
    when they are murdered. when they are portrayed as monsters. being gay is not easy. and neither is being normal... but being normal has different hardships
    wether ur hair is not right or ur shoes are dirty
    being gay is "you ****ing faggot. Damn you stamp licker get your ass away from me. Faggot faggot faggot." I hear these statements every day EVERY DAY. I desire to have a child i have not bare one so you are saying that my reasons are not suitable for having one paying for a needy child to come into my house and live with me and laugh with me and love me? this is not as suitable reason? you think that a lesbian couple who adopts a daughter will molest her.. will try and raise her gay but my friend thats not how it goes
    to live in a world with out love is the worst thing ever
    but to live in a world were you are not allowed to raise one of someone elses blood with intense passion. that is a sin. a traditional family enviroment arrianna? did you forget that there is a family. i have two brothers
    an uncle
    my gf has her father and her mother. and her uncle
    structure? structure depends on the rules of the house the grounds on how the child is raised.
    Last edited by starfire1036; Apr 04, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    i did not say arrianna was a homophobe. please read the thread again.
    Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    one homophobe after another. basing ur argument on how wrong it is to be us. should be ashamed.
    Yes you did as this post is clearly in the plural and posted after 3 of us dissented. If that is not what you meant you owe 2 of us an apology.

You keep missing my point entirely. This has nothing to do with the desire of the parents but whether their application should be ACCEPTED. ALL the needs of the children involved should be met in order for that to happen. How badly someone wants to adopt should not be one of them IF they do not meet the required needs period. If we allow emotion to sway the decision we create a situation where these same needs become secondary to others desires. That I can not approve of.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I see both of your points.

I believe that if the people who want to adopt a child are not fit, then don't let them adopt. Sexual preference does not matter on that perspective.

However, I believe that if both people that want to adopt are fit, then let them.
    Remember there will more than likely be other opposite sex role models for children. Not to mention the fact that many homosexuals in a relationship tend to take a role in a more female/male psyche.

If they are unfit to care for a child, and if there are absolutely no other outlets for an opposite sex role model (mentors, teacher, grandparents, etc) then don't let them.
    Sexual preference isn't the issue.
    To me its discrimnation if they give a homosexual couple a child just for being homosexual.
    But not letting them adopt for just being homosexual is wrong as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

starfire1036 (Apr 04, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Yes you did as this post is clearly in the plural and posted after 3 of us dissented. If that is not what you meant you owe 2 of us an apology.

You keep missing my point entirely. This has nothing to do with the desire of the parents but whether their application should be ACCEPTED. ALL the needs of the children involved should be met in order for that to happen. How badly someone wants to adopt should not be one of them IF they do not meet the required needs period. If we allow emotion to sway the decision we create a situation where these same needs become secondary to others desires. That I can not approve of.
    i do not owe you an apology no you are missing MY point. FAMILY PROVIDES STRUCTURE AS WELL AS A TRADITIONAL GROWING/LEARNING ENVIROMENT. no one seems to understand this. iit is not just the parents that raise the child hence "it takes a whole village to raise a child"

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast