Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Gay/Lesbian Adoption. Yes or No?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay/Lesbian Adoption. Yes or No?

That does not change the fact that research has found that children need both a strong male and female rolemodel growing up and that the traditional family with a father and mother provide that best. You can hate it if you want but there it is and I care more about the needs of the children then all of our personal beliefs.

In other societies historically where homosexual behavior was acceptable they would still marry a spouse of the opposite gender in order to provide this stability (not to mention even have the children in the first place) and then simply have lover/s. It may not be the perfect solution however and I don't believe I can approve of it for adoptions either (for many reasons including the poor example adultery sets).

So in the end I conclude that I cannot agree with exceptions to the traditional family being the rule for the adoption of children and in addition single adults being also acceptable, if they have no other emotional commitments, for older youth in need.

I believe I understand you perfectly so now I hope you understand me as well.

Either way your yelling is not going to change my opinion so you have my answer and why for your research and I don't believe I can make it any clearer. I only hope you treat anyone else who is against more politely or you may have already flushed your chances of getting the unbiased research you needed.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    That does not change the fact that research has found that children need both a strong male and female rolemodel growing up and that the traditional family with a father and mother provide that best. You can hate it if you want but there it is and I care more about the needs of the children then all of our personal beliefs.

In other societies historically where homosexual behavior was acceptable they would still marry a spouse of the opposite gender in order to provide this stability (not to mention even have the children in the first place) and then simply have lover/s. It may not be the perfect solution however and I don't believe I can approve of it for adoptions either (for many reasons including the poor example adultery sets).

So in the end I conclude that I cannot agree with exceptions to the traditional family being the rule for the adoption of children and in addition single adults being also acceptable, if they have no other emotional commitments, for older youth in need.

I believe I understand you perfectly so now I hope you understand me as well.

Either way your yelling is not going to change my opinion so you have my answer and why for your research and I don't believe I can make it any clearer. I only hope you treat anyone else who is against more politely or you may have already flushed your chances of getting the unbiased research you needed.
    the goal here is to get a biased opinion... a reasonable one that can be understood in just one post not 4 or 5 of which u had to explian everything. ur topic was debatable and thus i began the debate. if u do not like it do not post.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

True. I can hate it and I do.

But there is one thing that is different. Traditional families exist most where there is moderate to wealthy income. Which is shrinking. If people let only tradtional famlies adopt, there is going to be a lot of kids in need.

Even when we want to provide the absolute best for children, sometimes we can't.
    I believe that many homosexuals could make good parents, and if they can prove so, and show that there will be other role models of the opposite gender I still believe we should let them. Especially since they will let a single parent adopt.

And honestly, there is a growing rate of kids without the traditional family, (I being one), and its hard to think of a lot of people who have had the traditional family anymore. I'm not saying in anyway its a good thing, but it is the growing reality.
    so my answer is simple:

If they let a single parent adopt, they should let homosexual parents adopt.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

Arrianna (Apr 04, 2009)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

...and yet all I have done is restate what I said originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    I am going to give you the opposite POV.

No.

Adoption is a privilege not a right and should be about the needs of the children not the desires of the adults. It has been proven that children do best in a "traditional" family, that they need both strong male and female role models. A married man and woman can provide this structure needed even more so for a child that is adopted. Children who are adopted often have problems dealing with the rejection by the previous parents so this kind of stability is even more important then ever.

There is an exception to this in older adopted youth. When youth, who are not in a family unit with other siblings, are adopted out they frequently do better with a single parent who can dedicate personal one on one time to them. For them it is best to be with an adult who is not in any relationship and does not mind giving them the next ___ years dedication. In this case it would not matter the persons "sexual orientation" since it would not be active anyway lest the adopted child be marginalized at a time they need it most.

Or in other words whether or not adoption should be allowed has absolutely nothing to do with discrimination vs rights and everything to do with the needs of the children involved.
    ...but you are quite right that there is no need to post any longer since debating in this case is you insisting that the desires of someone applying to be a parent is more important then the facts I mention and I disagree. What more can be said?

@EmoNightmareRose: Nicely said. I would like to see your source on traditional families and income. The articles I have read have shown a connection with poverty only in that single mothers are more likely to be in poverty due to a lack of education and resources or in other words you are less likely to be poor if you get married when having children. In my case I would prefer that we hold society to a higher standard with our most vulnerable children rather then declaring such a deterioration as an acceptable norm.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

As stated by Arrianna, and because of the Actions of Starfire, I'm closing this thread.

Obviously this is a heated debate topic, as its hitting a lot of nerves. I suggest that we put this topic to rest, and move on to other things and come back to it later.

Also, in the future Arrianna, while I agree with you 100% on this topic, when you mention that "Research shows", it only do better to strengthen your position on the matter to provide a link to said research. People have a harder time making a case against a topic when reality is staring them in the face (although, they normally do anyways).

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4