Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it gay marriage if...

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Is it gay marriage if...

a gay girl and a gay guy get married?

Becuase i know of two gay people, one a girl the other a guy.
    They decided to get married, despite having no attraction to each other,
    they did it becuase they were such good freinds, best freinds in fact for a very long while.

And now theyve adopted two children of their own, very cute story i think.

Anywho, this led me to wonder, can their marriage be considered "gay marriage", the type of marriage many same sex couples fight for in their respective states?

(i personally wouldnt mind a marriage like that with my best freind = )
    (ooh, thats up for discussion too = )
    Yay-yea?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:

2000marfie (Sep 24, 2008)

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Is it gay marriage if...

I guess the idea of gay marriage is questionable with this situation. Although they are of opposite genders, I really would think that it's difficult to explain whether you can call it a gay marriage. I guess this kind of marriage might be overlooked since it is a marriage between a man and a woman. Lastly, in my opinion, I wonder how long a marriage like this will last if there's no attraction between the couple.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Is it gay marriage if...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuinta View Post
    I guess the idea of gay marriage is questionable with this situation. Although they are of opposite genders, I really would think that it's difficult to explain whether you can call it a gay marriage. I guess this kind of marriage might be overlooked since it is a marriage between a man and a woman. Lastly, in my opinion, I wonder how long a marriage like this will last if there's no attraction between the couple.
    I think a marriage like this might even possibly have a better chance than that
    of a regular more intimate marriage, becuase i think its entirely possible the
    divorce rate would be lower becuase you really dont have to worry about cheating husbands or wives you know?

Also there are hetero relationships similar to that of which i explained,
    only difference is that instead of the woman or man both being gay,
    they are both asexual.
    Yay-yea?

Newbie metalmaster32 is off to a good start metalmaster32's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think you can really call that a gay marriage. Since it is between a male and female it is the normal way for people to get marriaged. I think a gay marriage is that between same sex couples. Theirs is a "gay" marriage, just because both of them happen to be gay and the opposite sex.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The truth of the matter is that many people who are 'still in the closet' will have a conventional marriage just to give the appearance of 'fitting in', so this is by no means unusual... You really can't call this a 'Gay' marriage, this is more a marriage of convenience, and is really no different then marrying for money, marrying for status, or marrying for a 'green card' permanent US residency...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Talking Re: Is it gay marriage if...

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The truth of the matter is that many people who are 'still in the closet' will have a conventional marriage just to give the appearance of 'fitting in', so this is by no means unusual... You really can't call this a 'Gay' marriage, this is more a marriage of convenience, and is really no different then marrying for money, marrying for status, or marrying for a 'green card' permanent US residency...
    What about for pure freindship, regardless of orientation?

Afterall their is no marriage for freindship, but the same could have been said of gay marriage.

And again there are asexual married couples who identify as so. (asexual i mean)

However i cannot disagree with you, afterall your scenario seems entirely valid to me.
    Yay-yea?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not a gay marriage if you married someone from of the opposite sex. Strictly by definition.

But Rook, I think you got a great idea for a comedic movie on your hands. CAPITALIZE ON IT!

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be consider a normal marriage. However, religious freaks may say otherwise given the fact that to their point of view both the bride and the groom are gay.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast