Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriages

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Gay Marriages

How do you feel about gay marriages? Should it be legalized? I went to a Chritian school that said it should be Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. Personally I think love transcends sexual orientation and can be a blessing. I saw a gay couple adopt children and live harmoniously. It was just unheard of in my school and my classmates thought gayness was lame. Maybe they felt superior to gay people and knew that the Pope wouldn't approve of gay marriages. Then again the Pope is also against abortion. Religion is always superimposing its mores on others but if all roads lead to Rome then even religious people could not deny the love two people have for each other. Kids growing up with gay parents can be just as cool as kids with heterosexual parents maybe even more so if the love is sincere, and honourable because they practice and open mind and toleration. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie said they wouldn't marry until all people could get married, meaning gay rights. I think homosexuality is another test of tolerance even if it is weird for me to see two men kissing or two women kissing. It's healthy though since in the 50s gay people were taught to berate themselves for being gay leading to suicidal thoughts and matters of not being to accept themselves. I know however that just as it is uncomfortable for people to see homosexual love making it can just be as hard for a gay man to picture making love to a woman, which he would probably find disgusting. Gay people have rights too. It's great the world is finally coming to grips with a African presidential nominee, or a female presidential nominee... I wonder if we will ever have a gay president. I am for legalizing gay marriages.... if only the ultra conservatives would loosen up. sigh.
    Last edited by desxms; Jun 05, 2008 at 12:50 AM. Reason: original question too vauge and didn't offer my view

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay Marriages

Or better yet:

"Is gay marriage objectively wrong? Why or why not?"

I say let's all wait for tsurara for this one.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to psychical For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 04, 2008)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

what is the worst possible thing that could happen if gay Marriages was legalized, it be fine to me if they don't try anything on me.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cantsenditback For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 04, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    Or better yet:

"Is gay marriage objectively wrong? Why or why not?"

I say let's all wait for tsurara for this one.
    so right my friend. he (or she. i could never tell XD) always has a strong opinion with debate topics.

but anywho, like the saying goes "love is blind" so why can't marraige be?

i honestly never understood why two homosexuals are unable to get married. i mean, my cousin did just that! and he's gay! so what is the big deal?
    Why hello there!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 04, 2008)

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

People just can't get around of the notion of gay sex. They think that marriages should be between a man or a child mainly because the only way you can get a kid biologically is if you have sex with a women if you are a man or vice versa. People just don't get that marriages aren't always about getting kids. Some people marry for money or for love ie spending the rest of your life with the person you love the most. Having a kid isn't apart of the plan for married couples when they first get started. I know for a fact that my parents didn't plan on having any kids I just happened.

I have no qualms with gay marriage. One of my best friends is a lesbian and she wants to marry her girlfriend when they both turn 18. I don't see how it is wrong. They are humans just like us and they love their partners just like straight people. I think that we are just so archaic that we have to think that sex revolves around almost everything in our daily lives when in reality that isn't the case.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Descended From Darkness For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 04, 2008)

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that gay marages sould be legalized... i don't think there is anything wrong with it... i know a few gay people and they are really nice people the ydeserve to get married as well if truly want to...me personaly it doesn't affect me but i think all should have equel rights thus depicting a true free nation ^^

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mere For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 05, 2008)

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

I personally don't have a problem with it. I can in some ways understand people who don't like it and their reasons, such as religion or tradition etc. but I always saw marriage as the highest of commitments that two people can make to each other. I know gay people who love each other just as much as straight ones and that's all I need to know, really.
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel of Darkness For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 05, 2008)

Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Thanks

There shouldn't be any discriminations between gay marriages and any other marriages. In my opinion, it's just another excuse that people have because they hate gays.

oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to yinyangAio1 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 05, 2008)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast