Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriages

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay Marriages

According to my religion, Homosexuality is an immoral sin. Personally, what people do in their own lives is their buisness, not mine.

I don't see any reason other then religious reasons to not allow it. There is such a thing as seperation of church and state for a reason.

This really is a political issue, which is why my car has a bumper sticker that says "Last time we mixed politics with religion, people got burned at the stake."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 05, 2008), fayt lingod (Jun 15, 2008)

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

When it comes to gay marriage I don't really mind it.

For one, it's their business not mine. If they want to get married because they deeply love each other then that's great! All the power to them.

Not to mention the fact that if say Steve and Jim want to get married then if they do get married they won't be hurting anyone. What possible harm could a homosexual marriage do? The only thing I can think of is that they might have some disappointed family members and that sprouts from religious belief.

I think why this is such a big issue with Christians though is that if the church allowed homosexual marriage then there would be a major hypocrisy. Mostly because the bible says that homosexuality is wrong so if the church started marrying homosexuals they would be going against the bible. That is really the core issue from the way I see it.

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    so right my friend. he (or she. i could never tell XD) always has a strong opinion with debate topics.

but anywho, like the saying goes "love is blind" so why can't marraige be?

i honestly never understood why two homosexuals are unable to get married. i mean, my cousin did just that! and he's gay! so what is the big deal?
    What I meant was, if it should be legalized, then we must have some reason for us to do so. However, not everything legalized is good (i.e., smoking, gambling), although most things that are legal are either good, or, at the very least, harmless.

And if it's bad, then it shouldn't be legalized at all. After all, why give others the license to commit "depraved acts", as some call them? But that's just a should. The Supreme Court, after all, is still human, and is therefore capable of error sometimes.

So, to set things straight: how would people here define the word "marriage"?
    (Forgive me if it seems as though I'm playing "state the obvious", but it's just making sure we aren't debating over things left ambiguous.)
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Newbie Tuffey is off to a good start
    Thanks

Me I don’t mind that at all. Because there is a law for them now and evry one have his-her rights and that fact .

And now most civil, domestic and registered partnership laws around the world provide fewer benefits than full marriage? So in many cases, life-long partners are denied some or all of the rights of marriage simply based on their sexual orientation... so why we banned or just say that must become illegal...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuffey For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 05, 2008)

Newbie Black is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think they are ill-morale, and shouldn't be allowed. God didn't make Steve and Adam, he made Adam and Eve. If the gays started to spread out everywhere, then how would there be humans, if everyone turned gay. And plus all of my beliefs are against theres, because I'm an Arab Muslim.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I think they are ill-morale, and shouldn't be allowed. God didn't make Steve and Adam, he made Adam and Eve. If the gays started to spread out everywhere, then how would there be humans, if everyone turned gay. And plus all of my beliefs are against theres, because I'm an Arab Muslim.
    As much as the idea of Gay marriages turns my stomach, i don't think it would end strait ppl. Just as there will always be gay ppl, there will also always be strait folks.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am Catholic, and the majority of Catholics and Christians and everything else in the world do not support Gay anything. This, I feel needs to change. Love is Love no matter the sexual orientation of the individuals. This needs to change (the acceptance), and it will. It will take a while, but there will come a time when most of the world will become tolerant, not acceptive, of gay couples and marriages.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    what is the worst possible thing that could happen if gay Marriages was legalized, it be fine to me if they don't try anything on me.
    The worst possible thing? You really want to know?

Legalized marriages for any and all combinations regardless of numbers, gender, age, or genome. To put it simply anyone can marry anyone ones or things from polygamy to pederasty to bestiality. Yes it is extreme but you asked for the worst and in the US (as other places) there are legal entities who are set to lobby for their own marriage privileges for just those things if a Federal Homosexual Marriage law is passed.

The least that will happen (to not look at a worst case scenario) is exactly what has happened in countries that have legalized homosexual marriages and that is the devaluing of marriage in general and plummeting marriage rates. The last studies I read on the subject involved drops in marriage rates of over 30%. You can say all want about how marriage isn't just about children and traditional families but the facts show that when anyone can get married to anyone for any reason marriage itself becomes devalued and seen as unnecessary itself. There are anti-marriage lobby groups in Europe who believe that marriage is itself a type of slavery to patriarchal tyrants and should be done away with. They are on record as recognizing the aforementioned connection between widened legalization and devaluing marriage and lobby for such laws for that very reason. Think about it for a second, the biggest legal argument for gay marriage is not "but they love each other" it is "they can't get the same insurance and benefits". We aren't talking about motives based on family unites but monetary advantages that would force the insurance and other such companies to extend benefits to people regardless of actual relations and open them to massive fraud claims. What is Marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    So, to set things straight: how would people here define the word "marriage"?
    (Forgive me if it seems as though I'm playing "state the obvious", but it's just making sure we aren't debating over things left ambiguous.)
    Marriage is supposed to be the merging of resources and lives for mutual benefit, and yes, between a man and woman for the continuation of the family unit. Even past countries who have had culturally accepted homosexuality defined it that way. The only variation was in how much individual legal control wo/men had in the relationship (yes, there were/are some where men had little or no rights).

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast