Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriages

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay Marriages

I personally don't see anything wrong with Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, or Transexuals. . . and I think everyone has a chance at happiness and if boning a person of the same sex makes you happy, go for it. I think it's really stupid how there are laws (like in Utah) where it's legal to screw an animal (lol beastiality) yet people are against homosexual couples to marry each other.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that gays don't need to get married, if they "love each other" then the formalitites should be pointless anyway. Marriage should be done by a church, and as such no church will marry gay couples (in theory, there are some wacky ones out there). if gays want to live together, fine, but man+man or woman+woman is NOT marriage

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fayt lingod For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 19, 2008)

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that marriage should only be between a man and a woman.

Thats why they call gay marriage, "gay" right? Becuase thats definitly not between a man and a woman. lmao

I support gay marriage! =D
    Yay-yea?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 19, 2008)

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

i think that gays don't need to get married, if they "love each other" then the formalitites should be pointless anyway. Marriage should be done by a church, and as such no church will marry gay couples (in theory, there are some wacky ones out there). if gays want to live together, fine, but man+man or woman+woman is NOT marriage
    I agree that marriage should only be between a man and a woman.

Thats why they call gay marriage, "gay" right? Becuase thats definitly not between a man and a woman. lmao

I support gay marriage! =D
    Marriage is a close union between two individuals. Common Custom Marriage is the union between man & woman. But marriage itself is a union between two people.

And if a man and a woman want to get married, then let them get married.
    But do not disagree that a man and man shouldn't get married, or a woman and another woman shouldn't get married.. but opposite sexes should.

Well, you can disagree with whatever you want. But what you both said has no sense to it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The White Wolf For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 19, 2008)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    The least that will happen (to not look at a worst case scenario) is exactly what has happened in countries that have legalized homosexual marriages and that is the devaluing of marriage in general and plummeting marriage rates. The last studies I read on the subject involved drops in marriage rates of over 30%. You can say all want about how marriage isn't just about children and traditional families but the facts show that when anyone can get married to anyone for any reason marriage itself becomes devalued and seen as unnecessary itself. There are anti-marriage lobby groups in Europe who believe that marriage is itself a type of slavery to patriarchal tyrants and should be done away with. They are on record as recognizing the aforementioned connection between widened legalization and devaluing marriage and lobby for such laws for that very reason. Think about it for a second, the biggest legal argument for gay marriage is not "but they love each other" it is "they can't get the same insurance and benefits". We aren't talking about motives based on family unites but monetary advantages that would force the insurance and other such companies to extend benefits to people regardless of actual relations and open them to massive fraud claims. What is Marriage?
    For the issue of declining marriage rates, couldn't you make exactly this same argument for not allowing divorce of a marriage?, or inter-racial/inter-culture/inter-religious marriage, or allowing single parent families, or out of wedlock families? The devaluation of the family unit and the extended family is not a recent phenomena. (It can actually be traced back to the introduction of the automobile in American culture...) And since the institution of marriage has long been associated with property ownership and inheritances (and estate taxes) since before the establishment of the New World colonies, this is also not a recent phenomena... So why is Homosexual marriage any different?
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 19, 2008)

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry, I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have to say it anyway.

Before that though, I have to say that I support equal rights for all, regardles of gender, race, or sexual orientation (including gays in marriage)

But I've always had this question in my mind: Why is marriage really necessary?

If two people really love each other and have shown it through their own personal commitment, why should they have to get married?

I know in society the only kind of commitment in love that is accepted is marriage, but I believe that two people would be happier living with each other without the obligation of being with each other. That, in my mind, shows true love.

I know, this is going off-topic, but I still had to state my opinion on the matter.

@ Arriana: Your worst-case senario, while it still has a miniscule chance of becoming reality, would only apply to a very small portion of the population. Not even gays come remotely close to being the same in number as straight people.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ILikeApples5520 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jun 19, 2008)

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeApples5520 View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have to say it anyway.

Before that though, I have to say that I support equal rights for all, regardles of gender, race, or sexual orientation (including gays in marriage)

But I've always had this question in my mind: Why is marriage really necessary?

If two people really love each other and have shown it through their own personal commitment, why should they have to get married?

I know in society the only kind of commitment in love that is accepted is marriage, but I believe that two people would be happier living with each other without the obligation of being with each other. That, in my mind, shows true love.

I know, this is going off-topic, but I still had to state my opinion on the matter.
    People get married for different reasons. Be it to keep a powerful family up top in a certain area, arranged marriage, or just because they want to get married.

In some cases it's necessary, and in others.. it isn't.
    But in America a lot of people get married because they want to. (Excluding the fact that a lot of people also get married because of unexpected pregnancies.) It's just the whole "bonding" and symbolism of the rings, and walking down the isle.. I don't know, a lot couples want that for themselves. It's the custom and idea of two people being legally and spiritually (depending on religion) bound to each other that appeals to them.

So really, it's whatever floats your boat. And getting back on topic, if a man and a woman want to do it, then why shouldn't a woman and woman, or man and man be able to do it as well?

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffey View Post
    Me I don’t mind that at all. Because there is a law for them now and evry one have his-her rights and that fact .

And now most civil, domestic and registered partnership laws around the world provide fewer benefits than full marriage? So in many cases, life-long partners are denied some or all of the rights of marriage simply based on their sexual orientation... so why we banned or just say that must become illegal...
    i dont see how this is a debate question for there is nothing to answer. it is ur opinion but there isnt any way u can agree or disagree with it because you state both the good and the bad. i personally think that thye shouldnt hold us back from being forever binded to the one we love. doing this will only cause a protest and the beating of many people. then the jails will be filled up even more reaising taxes and pissing other people off aswell. thus getting those who's taxes are being raissed to finally agree so there arent any protests and fights. and then there will be no one taken to jail and the taxes will go back down

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast