Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriages

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay Marriages

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now on the subject of the 'unnatural' aspects of homosexuality, a scientific paper has recently been published that explains why the genetic traits of homosexuality, (at least for gay homosexuality,) has remained in the population...

FOXNews.com - Study: 'Gay' Genes May Make Females More Fertile - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News
    I can't believe FOX of all networks would put this up!

Anyway, I'm not that surprised. I think gay men have more estrogen than normal men. So, if women have the male gay gene, they should be likely to have more estrogen and;therefore, be more fertile.

I'm no scientist, but this is what i think it is based on a high school's worth of biology.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Newbie Jokka is off to a good start Jokka's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't find a reason, why those marriages and/or adoptions shouldn't be allowed. Because the pope said so?
    Gay or not - love is love. People, who call it wrong..Well, I'm at a loss to understand it. No, I'm not gay and not religious, but I don't think, religion is a indispensable part of love, there's not only the church-wedding.
    So.. Well, I think, it's ok. Why not.

And, uh, unnatural? As far as i know: Animals =/= love, animals = preservation of their species from dying out.
    I think, comparing this with human-relationships is not necessary.

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really care if they do or not it is that persons life, and people should not be that
    judgmental because in religion no one can judge you but God.

They should be able to adopt because there are worser people out there adopting, and by not letting them
    adopt we are not only being judgmental but also controlling, and we are to not let these
    people have their rights because the Pope said so? That ridiculous and also leading
    them to think of suicide, and much more would also be a sin if you want to get religious.
    In a way we are responsible for that persons death and not be true to themselves by
    living a lie and God would not want that, God would want us to be happy as his children
    no matter what as long as we are with him.

I am not gay but I still believe people should have their freedom of rights and also it being unnatural, so is the whole concept
    of sex and marriage, but it is about love and if they truly love each other than what else
    matters, nothing. Times have changed since the Days of Old where tings were kept in
    the closet and people say that the world is changing and we have to change with it
    but you can still be yourself but adapt to the world and to negative people who do not
    except the world or anyone in it.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 13, 2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haruko Haruhara View Post
    I don't really care if they do or not it is that persons life, and people should not be that
    judgmental because in religion no one can judge you but God.
    Well actually if its a religion that does follow the Bible then they can judge. The correct thing to say is that they shouldn't judge harshly.

Well I realize that many are going to see my name and think great the gay hater is back on AO and posting. Well don't fear I was just passing by and probably won't be on often.

Well I think by this point anyone on AO who has been in an argument with me on this sort of thing or even seen my post know where I stand, but for all the newcomers here it goes.

I believe that marriage is something that is dictated by the Bible. The Bible speaks out against gays and says its a sin. So with this being said not only do I know that gay marriages are wrong, but the whole concept of man&man women&women is wrong. So yeah its a big no on gay marriages from me.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Heck yes they should be legalized. It's not right for us to tell people who they can and cannot get married too. Not to mention it's their life and if that's what they choose to do then it's their choice, you don't have to like it but you will respect the fact that it's their decision... or at least you should.
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

The reason people get worked up about gay marriage is because according to Christian faith and (consequently) US law marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman. People argue that we'd violating the law but more importantly the sacredness of marriage if two like genders were to wed, but I beg to differ. If you ask me, protestants began the destruction of marriage's sacredness a long time ago. King Henry VIII, anyone? That alleged Christian that converted England to protestantism just so he could get rid of a chick?

1 in 2 marriages in our country today end in divorce. Premartial sex has sky-rocketed to the point of normalcy, and it's not uncommon for couples to have had a husband or wife before they settle down into another marriage. I don't find that sacred at all, that's not love and it's not holy, so I always ask myself, how dare straight people claim gay people can't marry because it violates the sancity of marriage, when we destroyed it centuries ago?

Please don't get me wrong in this generalization. I realize there are still people that take marriage very seriously, I do not believe that because you got a divorce you are some sort of hell bound adulterer, but I digress, we are all hypocrites and sinners, so if gays want to marry I say **** it, you can't break what's already broken. Let the people view marriage as sacred hold their beliefs, but let's let the gays marry and people divorce. We're all about watching out for the minority in this country, and it pisses me off when we can't just do something this simple.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Well in all honesty... I really dont care. I mean I believe if two people who love each other want to be with each other thats fine by me. But all in all, I am not saying yay or nay. They just legalized gay marriages here in California. But as I said before... Good for them but I really dont give a rats arse.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie MyDarkenedSoul is off to a good start MyDarkenedSoul's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to oppose Gay marriage alot now I could care less.If someone gay wants to marry so be it.It's between them & their God if they worship one.I still think that the ideal marriage coupling is 1 man & 1 woman ,as nature planned it ,but it's not my place to judge others.I for one support the legalization of Polygamous marriages.If you're of legal age you should be able to marry whom ever you want or have as many spouses as you can adford to support financially.As long as you are not marring children the Government should get out of marriage.
    Oi! Oi! Portland!
    Boots n' Braces 4 ever!
    Fight Racism!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast