+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay marriages

Newbie missbad818 is off to a good start missbad818's Avatar
    Thanks

Gay marriages

I myself am not gay just make that clear but I and my brother were talking about gay marriages. So my question do you believe in or think there should be gay marriages?

i believe gay should have every right that us straight ppl have plus they're still together one way or another.
    Last edited by missbad818; Dec 11, 2009 at 03:10 PM.
    Hard work never killed anybody but why try it.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay marriages

Personally I could really care less. I quess because I am not married or gay the issue just doesn't effect me in anyway shape or form. I don't get why some people are so heated about it.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I know it might be againist the good book, But it would be a little unsetting if it were in my family but it 's not so i wish your freind all the best in the world..

I have a question and i am not trying to judge here, But why are some people gay, did something happen to them were they were Straight to make them turn gay?

Just wondering why

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    I have a question and i am not trying to judge here, But why are some people gay, did something happen to them were they were Straight to make them turn gay?

Just wondering why
    The latest scientific research indicates that sexual preference is determined before birth. (So you have as much chance of choosing your sexual preference, as you do choosing the color of your skin...)

For anyone who chooses to post in this thread... A question that you might want to answer is...

'If Same Sex Marriage is allowed, who gets hurt???'

Link to an article on said scientific research:
    Press Releases
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Dec 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

!beast (Dec 13, 2009), BrightShadow_96 (Dec 13, 2009)

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Wow Len thanks

Te reason why I thought people turn gay was because they had a bad straight courtship and would find comfort in there own gender. but I guess your or should I science prove me wrong.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I put a link in Len's response to the research he is referring to (or at least what I believe he is referring to), the issue I have with the claims they make in their research is that eye blinking from a startle response is pre-consciousis & controlled by the limbic system which is the same system that controls sexual behavior, since eye blinking from a startle response is not "learned" then they conclude that sexual orientation is likewise not learned given homosexuals eye response is similar to their straight counter part.

The problem is simple, the limbic system is a very large area of the brain and controls tons of things which can be both learned as well as "wired". This includes areas of the brain like the Amygdala...I reference a concept called Emotional learning (put your hand on a hot surface, you learn not to touch hot things). It also includes the Hypothalamus which is very important for sex and sexual arousal, while typically a "wired" part of the brain in theory I will point out it is heavily influenced by learned behavior (see the Bruce effect).

I feel very much that science is looking for another "big bang" or "evolution" when trying to prove sexual orientation is "wired" and not learned. Those who grasp at straws and claim evidence while ignoring the fact their claims can easily go the other way (as in the case of this article) have lost objectivity in the vanity of making a name for themselves.

homosexual, bi or heterosexual can be looked at in terms of a sexual act or a sexual preference/orientation.

In terms of sexual acts I believe that it is a choice to be homosexual as much as it is a choice to be heterosexual. We choose who we have sex with (devoid of rape/molestation) and if you choice to have sex with someone who is of the same sex as you then that is your choice. Monks may choose celibacy they by choice are neither heterosexual or homosexual.

In terms of preference/orientation I believe it is learned however sub-consciously the same way fears are developed. You have experiences in your life which develop into preferences. People assume that the experiences we have don't shape our every fiber but all of the psychological research I have seen and read suggest very much that it does. Even completely unrelated things can become triggers for behavior when linked to things we do not consciously control. Pavlowski I believe proved this very well.

The need for Sex is a inherit impulse wired in us for which the survival of the human species is the purpose, deviation is very very common in all things inherit (look at food...how many different types are there for something we just need a handful of to survive on?).

Birth control, masturbation, fetishes, celibacy, non-heterosexual sex are all forms of sexual deviation. We have become so obsessed with sex as a culture that we fail to understand that deviation (mutation in some cases) is common in everything and this is no different.

Now that is just a scientific view, where this even becomes a discussion is in the religious/moral sense.

Sanctity of life is why deviation is frowned upon, if the act is not intended to produce life then it is being misused and is thus immoral. Homosexuality is getting a lot of talk because it is an open issue where those who are deviant talk publicly about it and want to be accepted for how they are. What people fail to understand is that you cannot expect those with religious/moral views to just change them no more than you can expect those who are deviant to change.

This issue is about morality and neither side is going to change or go away.

For me I do not feel they should be denied basic human rights but at the same time marriage is a religious act between a man and a woman....you can't change religion to fit you...you change to fit religion.

Having said that why not look at it as a "union" and base governmental rights off of unions as a posed to marriage? I have never understood why marriage changed anything from the governments perspective and I have never felt marriage should be used as a basis for benefits.

Just my 2 cents.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefblackhammer For This Useful Post:

!beast (Dec 13, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The latest scientific research indicates that sexual preference is determined before birth. (So you have as much chance of choosing your sexual preference, as you do choosing the color of your skin...)

For anyone who chooses to post in this thread... A question that you might want to answer is...

'If Same Sex Marriage is allowed, who gets hurt???'

Link to an article on said scientific research:
    Press Releases
    All good points Len. But let us not forget that acting on sexual preferences is completely optional.

Otaku monkey31192 is off to a good start monkey31192's Avatar
    Thanks

One of the reasons the government does not like gay/lesbian marriages is the fact of health insurance. I don't know why that matters so much.

I am not gay, but my Aunt is a lesbian, and she moved to California when it was legal. The bill passed to remove it and she got angry. Beastly angry.

I don't see why Gays and Lesbians can't get married. They have just as much equal rights as everyone else.
    I R Da Monkey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast