+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay marriages

Newbie MidnightFirefly is off to a good start MidnightFirefly's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gay marriages

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Personally I could really care less. I quess because I am not married or gay the issue just doesn't effect me in anyway shape or form. I don't get why some people are so heated about it.
    Well let me guess -

You're a 20-something yr old guy who doesn't have to worry about NOT being able to marry a beautiful young woman when you're ready to settle down and take the jump.

So, who cares about everyone else right?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MidnightFirefly For This Useful Post:

BrightShadow_96 (Dec 18, 2009)

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

it's not easy find girl these days when most people become gay. but seeing them gays kiss and make love is completly gross

Newbie syrayian is off to a good start syrayian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFirefly View Post
    Well let me guess -

You're a 20-something yr old guy who doesn't have to worry about NOT being able to marry a beautiful young woman when you're ready to settle down and take the jump.

Seriously whats your problem all he was saying that he doesn't see why people get angry about gays getting married. You didn't have to get at him.

I personaly will stay single for the rest my life and i would really like to know why gays getting married affects other marriages.

People say they do,but they don't say how.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Because marriage is suppose to be between a man and a women as stated in the bible as well as in commen state law.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by syrayian View Post
    Seriously whats your problem all he was saying that he doesn't see why people get angry about gays getting married. You didn't have to get at him.

I personaly will stay single for the rest my life and i would really like to know why gays getting married affects other marriages.

People say they do,but they don't say how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Because marriage is suppose to be between a man and a women as stated in the bible as well as in commen state law.
    But this is just a legal technicality... Which brings up my original question... If same sex marriage is allowed, who gets hurt??? (And note, were talking about common law 'civil' marriages, not religious marriages...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    ... If same sex marriage is allowed, who gets hurt??? (And note, were talking about common law 'civil' marriages, not religious marriages...)
    Your right, no one gets hurt, just these traditionalist who cant get over the oldie ways...

First of all being one myself, Christians should seek to understand, correct misinterpretations, and build bridges wherever possible when interacting with those who disagree about this emotional issue. People need to understand that its a human right to choose who you want to be with, why butt in when it doesnt involve you?

Both sides ought to be committed to truth-seeking, not playing power politics and should seek to act with integrity--if we promote truth seeking and show real respect for those with whom we disagree ,then we should be able realistically have a future where gays wont be discriminated against..

BTW i 2 have a friend who is gay

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

But this is just a legal technicality... Which brings up my original question... If same sex marriage is allowed, who gets hurt??? (And note, were talking about common law 'civil' marriages, not religious marriages...)
    I was just answering syrayian question as to why people get all huffy over it and why its an issue. How ever Len I would like to make a point that the very deffenation of Merriage and all that goes with it was brought about through religion where as before it was just seen as a civil-unian. It was religion, reguardless of faith as all have their traditions but it was religion that made it a big event where as before it was just seen as two people getting together and if they have a family they have a family and if they didn't they didn't.
    This right there on those facts alone is the reason why I believe that gays should not merry BUT should be allowed to have a civil-unian with the same legal rights and benofits of a traditional merriage. This right there will salve many problems, not all but most, even if you allowed gays to merry there will always be this same issue there.

But thats just my tid bit on the matter, its not going to be a huge socity changing event as people on both sides will be just as ticked off as before.

Also, one of my cousens happens to be a lesbian and we get along just fine.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFirefly View Post
    Well let me guess -

Well you are correct MidnightFirefly. I don't have to worry about not marrying a beautiful young woman. And I think that even if they did sanction gay marriage that probably would not prevent me from marrying a young beautiful woman.

As for your sweeping last statement. I couldn't agree more. "who cares about everyone else." What does it cost me if some man I know marries a guy. Why should I care. Is my life at risk, is my right to marry restricted. You still have not said anything that proves it affects anyone and without that your arguements are all irrational.

On a personal note. Hate is a negative emotion. Enough said. And my quess is you have never had to face death on a regular basis. let me assure you, take your pleasure where and when you can find it. There is little enough in this world to go around. Try not to get too busy hating other people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast