+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Geeks and Anime

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Geeks and Anime

I am a geek, and I"m proud of it. I make no secret of playing D&D and Modern D20, I love video games, and anime is my life. I also have a growing collection of fantasy literature and Japanese history books. Enjoy what you want with no regrets.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

We should all follow the example of Satsuma.

Newbie ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance's Avatar
    Thanks

people are baically ignorant they classify others so they can feel superior
    thats all it is
    its funny when they say things like that cause they have no idea of what they say or mean

but not all people who watch animme and things like that are geeks
    and not all geeks watch anime

Otaku lovejam may be famous one day lovejam may be famous one day lovejam's Avatar
    Thanks

I've always been a geek on the inside but during my early teenage years I must say I betrayed my inner geek to conform to the paris-hilton-bimbo ideal, air-headedness and all. I've been on both sides of the spectrum and I say:

If liking anime or manga or video games (etc) makes you a geek, then whatever. life is too short to be unhappy. ive since let go of my old life of worrying about "who has the newest gucci bag" or "the most expensive sunglasses" and i couldnt be happier.

We traded blows in violent prose
    And made arrangements heaven knows..

Newbie Itachi-Uchiha may be famous one day Itachi-Uchiha may be famous one day Itachi-Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmmmmm..................

Otaku Howl_of_Fenrir may be famous one day Howl_of_Fenrir may be famous one day Howl_of_Fenrir's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice for you, Lovejam.
    But, it's true. Life is too short to be unhappy.
    I love you,so please don't love me.

"Maximum signature main image size = 500*115 pixels"

Newbie quikster11 may be famous one day quikster11 may be famous one day quikster11's Avatar
    Thanks

People are too ignorant, the generalise the geek with 4 things, computer, video games, inteligence and anime. but i think is stupid. i do like anime but i also like playing sports. but if that what they think then i couldn't care less. like somebody say "be nice to a nerd cause one day he probable be your boss"

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Lableing has been going on for as long as anyone can remember...and for however long it has been out there, its purpose has always been to shove a person into a certain kind of category and expect them to stay within its expectations and standards. The people who use this kind of system use it to feebly act as if they understand and know you, when in reality--they know really nothing of you but take certain traits that you posess and try to cram you into something that is on their own level of understanding: whether it's true or not.

Now, for me: I really don't care what others think I am. Whatever I'm interested, obsessed, or involved in at the moment--I stick with. Nevermind if it's "uncool" or "out of the ordinary". "I would rather be hated for who I am, than to be loved for who I'm not." Why hide what makes you truly happy? Or what you really believe in? I have different friends who have the same interests I do, but then try to hide it from anyone else who does not share those same interests. But why hide this part of you that makes you happy, just for the sake of reputation or other's ideals?

No one completely fits into any of society's made-up categories...everyone's different. No one can completely conform to one thing or the other, there always has to be a bit of a mix.

And if loving anime, videogames, tech, history, and culture makes me a geek...well then:

~Cheers for Geeks~

---DaRe tO bE nO oNe BuT yOuRsElF---
    {My Blogsite: RR+CV}

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast