+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Geeks and Anime

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Geeks and Anime

I dont know who to listen to!!

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

wats wrong with being a geek, i am a geek, nerd, and noob. so i guess watching anime makes you a geek, well.............................................. ............................ hey welcome to my world everyone

hahahahhahaha

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

I say ppl that call u a geek are just jealous cuz they dont have the uber skill u have

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

geek is vague. I've always considered people who are into anime to be geeky or nerdy. Who cares? It's like one of my old english teachers once said, "if you walk like a duck, talk like a duck, and act like a duck, don't get mad when someone calls you a duck." I've said this before, everything has a sterotype and if you're into something that others think are "uncool," you have to be prepared to defend your position and show them who's the real loser. But anyways, I've always classified anime fans in very close relation with gamers, who could also be classified as geeks, but also very artistic people who at really half in half whether they're geeky or not. I guess in the end, the only other thing I have to say about is, don't let some smartass let you think what you're into is uncool or dumb. What do they know? Are they somehow on some higher plain that can dictate what's cool or not? Doubtful. Case closed.

Thanks

wow I never thought of it that way man and its so true to

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    geek is vague. I've always considered people who are into anime to be geeky or nerdy. Who cares? It's like one of my old english teachers once said, "if you walk like a duck, talk like a duck, and act like a duck, don't get mad when someone calls you a duck." I've said this before, everything has a sterotype and if you're into something that others think are "uncool," you have to be prepared to defend your position and show them who's the real loser. But anyways, I've always classified anime fans in very close relation with gamers, who could also be classified as geeks, but also very artistic people who at really half in half whether they're geeky or not. I guess in the end, the only other thing I have to say about is, don't let some smartass let you think what you're into is uncool or dumb. What do they know? Are they somehow on some higher plain that can dictate what's cool or not? Doubtful. Case closed.

very insightful, this person gives great advice.

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

Ignorant. 100%.

People just have this kind of view and start labelling those who do stuff like reading, watching anime, loving science... they think these stuff makes one a GEEK.

It's just something that can't be helped. Like having the difference between nerds, geeks and the "popular people"

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

technical defintion of a geek:

a. A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
    b. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

If you don't meet those two defintions by the dictionary, you are techinically not a geek. However, some people use the word geek and nerd interchangably, which I don't believe is correct, but hey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast