+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Geeks and Anime

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Geeks and Anime

Some people ARE ignorant of the others. but that doesn't mean that we should be offended by it. Anime Pride!
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie stellar may be famous one day stellar may be famous one day stellar's Avatar
    Thanks

geeks r people who do NOTHING and i mean NOTHING but watch anime 24/7.

and i am no geek. lol i have betterthings to do.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the reason why people think that geeks watch anime is because it's cartoons and they'll say it's for kids (however, it's hypocritical because the same people that say anime is for geeks most likely watch Family Guy and Simpsons).

But if they'd actually sit down and watch some episodes they'll realize that it's not true (well....partially true I guess, because the tv networks over here EXTREMELY dumb down anime so kids can watch it)....I remember watching bootleg copies of Dragonball Z and was surprised the violence that was in the actual anime. However, they're finally starting to show the anime unedited now....like GiTS:SAC and Full Metal...

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

People who use the word 'geeks' for people who watch anime, is just sterotyping us. Probably because they dont really how anime is like. 'geeks' is wat they believe as people who just do nothing but go onto the internet and play or stuff like tat and no go and do other fun stuff like sports....maybe.
    But anime is actually really different from wat they would expect, i mean, there is always something you get out of anime.

Newbie Night-Stalker may be famous one day Night-Stalker may be famous one day Night-Stalker's Avatar
    In my box mainly, a shoe box that is all i can offord, soon ill get a TV box, cant wait!
    Thanks

They may call us geeks or maybe even freeks lol

but have the people that called you the geek even watched anime before?

i've bin watching anime all my life and havnt even noticed it was anime until i got a PC a few years ago, anime is no diffrent from normal cartoon like tom and jerry etc, its just for an older audiance, just ask that person what cartoons they've watched they probally havnt even noticed they've bin watching and liking anime..

Noobz Clan Rocks!

Newbie cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902's Avatar
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Dark.
    geek is vague. I've always considered people who are into anime to be geeky or nerdy. Who cares? It's like one of my old english teachers once said, "if you walk like a duck, talk like a duck, and act like a duck, don't get mad when someone calls you a duck." I've said this before, everything has a sterotype and if you're into something that others think are "uncool," you have to be prepared to defend your position and show them who's the real loser. But anyways, I've always classified anime fans in very close relation with gamers, who could also be classified as geeks, but also very artistic people who at really half in half whether they're geeky or not. I guess in the end, the only other thing I have to say about is, don't let some smartass let you think what you're into is uncool or dumb. What do they know? Are they somehow on some higher plain that can dictate what's cool or not? Doubtful. Case closed.
    great advice men... (^_^)... other people call people who watch anime geeks coz there different... but who cares? for me, as long as i enjoy watching anime and reading manga, i dont care what even if other people call me a geek.... and besides, even i am calling my self a geek of an anime freak at times...(^_^)....
    Last edited by cloud_902; Jul 22, 2006 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Those people who believe that geeks watch anime are dead wrong.Geez they are a pain and should not talk coz usually they think they so hardcore and this and dat.It pisses me off.Just ignore em.

Newbie hinata89 may be famous one day hinata89 may be famous one day
    Thanks

watching anime does not i repeat does not make you a geek nerd or loser. i don't like lables. and it's wrong to catagorise anime fans as nerds. mainly because all anime fans are different with different styles and different attitudes. and i've only ever met really awsome anime fans and a few who kinda tick me off.lol. i don't even really know what a nerd is. and even if being an anime fan means being a nerd so be it. liberate your inner nerd lifes to short to be cool!(inside joke)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast