Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Genetic Engineering

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Genetic Engineering

i agree with hassun, these are things men were not meant to meddle in. making a plant resist bruising is one thing, but hana chan had it right. it will eventually go to the point of engineering our children.

this is starting to sound like gundam seed...

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

It could both help and not help at the same time, but it would be nice to have vegetables that grow at accelerated rates and what not it would help the population of the world maybe we could even grow food in Africa and help out?

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie Ap0ll0 may be famous one day Ap0ll0 may be famous one day
    Thanks

i don't see the harm in trying to better food and ourselves through ge. as some people have mentioned there are many pros, with not many cons.
    they have an really good movie about this called gattaca, if anyone has seen it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

One of the problems with the discussions of genetic engineering, is that the discussion always take place out of context of the problem the genetic engineering address...

As an example..

Is it okay to put bacteria genes inside apples to prevent wormy apples? (sounds bad) when the issue is actually...

Is it okay to put bacteria genes inside apples to prvent wormy apples vs. continuing to use nerve gas derivied pesticides to use prevent wormy apples... (well now it doesn't sound so bad...)

Genetic engineering of crops is actually one of the last great hopes to reduce pesticide use in commercial agriculture. If you really want to help reduce the poisoning of the environment, is the introduction of genetic engineered foods really such a bad thing...

(which reminds me of an old joke, What's worse then finding a worm in your apple.... Answer: finding half a worm in your apple...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

good point lenmiyata, i didn't even think to look at it like that. but when you do... your right.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

yes you are right hassun but thats were laws come in. who's to think that the goverment will stay out of genetic engineering if anything they will but in, mainly the FBI. Im talking about is just birth defects not perfection. I know parents would want to be greedy and have there kids perfect in every way but that takes away free will. Im for genetic engineering but only with strick law enforcment.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Newbie Daemoniac Night may be famous one day Daemoniac Night may be famous one day
    Thanks

Changing the plants sounds like a good idea. But cloneing, human inplants and the perfect child. Thats just wrong. We were perfect once, but then sin came along. We will one day be perfect again but for now we must live with ourselfs as we are. Plus I'm not really sure I would like my children to be better than me.(If I can take the suffering, then so can they)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    # Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 14 days or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2