+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Genetic Engineering

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Genetic Engineering

So, if you could alter yourself to become faster or smarter would you? Better yet, if you could rebuild society and program them from birth to follow some ideal or religion would you?

Is it right to change what people are suppose to become into something better, something more desirable... Yes, it is. Then again... it is not.

Personally, I think it would be the best ending to the human world.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Genetic Engineering

Hmmmm, I'm not into the whole humans playing god speal by altering ourselves. My belief is god made us the way we are for a reason. It just seems like it would bring too many problems along with it, even if it was benefitial in some aspects.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah it would end the humane world. Personally I don't think it's right to be able to do that.
    Youd be changing the world and how it works.
    In some ways it would be nice to be able to change poeples mind about taking care of the earth but you just can't it's not right. and no matter how much we'd want to change someone we hate it dosn't mean it's right. Soo I don't agree with it.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

both sides have a point
    to be able to alter something in yourself .. it's tempting
    but to force it on others is rediculous and would start all kinds of trouble
    on the other side
    we were built with eveything we need and if we're not fast enough or strong enough all we'd have to do is practice
    but we dont like anything that needs commitment and hard work
    so I'm betting genetic engineering
    when it's conquerd will spread fast ...
    And I'm sure the government already has a group of scientists on it somewhere

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Genetic Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    So, if you could alter yourself to become faster or smarter would you? Better yet, if you could rebuild society and program them from birth to follow some ideal or religion would you?

Is it right to change what people are suppose to become into something better, something more desirable... Yes, it is. Then again... it is not.

Personally, I think it would be the best ending to the human world.
    Hmmmmmmm... that will be a definatelly nope.... I like myself as the way I am..... it wouldn't be fun nor nice if I was "smarter or faster"
    I dont think it is right to alter one's body... even if it is "for the best" I think we;re like we are for a reason
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

What a political answer KimiFemi...

So, two claims against the wrongness of change. Fun.

What's that reason lebasiara?

deo, are you sure God made us what we are? Aren't we all just a pile of bones and flesh, changed only by the genetic hand me downs of our ancestors? Possibly. Even a little bit of beneficialness would be appreciated.. aren't the activist going crazy over stem cell research? Isn't the research helping those who cannot help themselves?

P.R. you can't really talk about rightness or wrongness, not with anything, especially change.

People were given legs and feet to walk, then we evolved and became smarter. The automobile was built. But we were built with feet and legs for a reason.

Murder and death are wrong, they shouldn't be around, they're not right.. But what about the criminals who get the death sentence? Even though they might deserve it, it still changes nothing. It's murder. Only justified, but still. It's murder, and as far as I know, murder isn't right.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Me? politcal?
    HA! ... hahahaha
    whats that?
    >.<

anyway Flawed
    you can't lump cars in with Genetic engineering
    they are not added to your body in any way
    its a simple means of transportation
    there is no moral debate with them ...
    *humm should I drive or walk*
    no doesnt work
    lol

but
    I'm against the death sentence
    that was a big stupid move on our part
    and I hope who ever pulls that switch , fires that gun, injects that needs
    or has it ordered can't sleep at night
    killing a person b/c they killed someone ...
    wheres the logic in that?
    But! thats not what this threads about lol! so I'll shut up now

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, my beliefs are with god. It's just my opinion. Sure changes occur over time as the world changes, but for us to make such changes to our body for such things as forcing people to be a certain religion. That's like what hitler wanted, should we all have blond hair and blue eyes?????? Should the jews be programmed out????? Humanity is unique and everyone is different. Do you really want a world where everything is the same and freedom of choice is taken away.

As for how we look, just cause someone might not be desirable on the outside, doesn't mean they are not a good person on the inside. Appearance isn't everything and so why should we need change. Love yourself for who you are.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast