+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Genetic Engineering

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Genetic Engineering

I would love to be a lot stronger than I am now but genetically speaking I don't think to the extent I want is not going to happen in the near future. Intellectually speaking I would rather gain more wisdom on my own.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Genetic Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    Well, my beliefs are with god. It's just my opinion. Sure changes occur over time as the world changes, but for us to make such changes to our body for such things as forcing people to be a certain religion. That's like what hitler wanted, should we all have blond hair and blue eyes?????? Should the jews be programmed out????? Humanity is unique and everyone is different. Do you really want a world where everything is the same and freedom of choice is taken away.

As for how we look, just cause someone might not be desirable on the outside, doesn't mean they are not a good person on the inside. Appearance isn't everything and so why should we need change. Love yourself for who you are.
    Nice answer deo!!!!

It is true that changes exist but I don't believe that we humans have to provoke or make changes any faster.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

eventually the world will be devided by 2 type of human race the "natural" and the "artificial". and there will be war between the two because of dicrimination.

hmmm...that sounds familiar.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Genetic Engineering

Humanity is messed up already.... so that'll be more problems than we already have.... I think is better not to mess up more....... plus.... I think of humans more than an experiment
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie Lead is off to a good start Lead's Avatar
    Thanks

ooo a topic on ethics...

I'm for Genetic Engineering, its the way of the future (its already in some food products) and it'll only be a matter of time before everyone is able to afford it. If it can enhance the growth and strenght etc of somethings, why not put that use for thet sick and those who are waiting on organ donating list, combine this with cloning then who knows where we could go if it.
    I'm a Newbie

Otaku baikuza may be famous one day baikuza may be famous one day baikuza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    So, if you could alter yourself to become faster or smarter would you? Better yet, if you could rebuild society and program them from birth to follow some ideal or religion would you?

Is it right to change what people are suppose to become into something better, something more desirable... Yes, it is. Then again... it is not.

Personally, I think it would be the best ending to the human world.
    i do not understand why we should alter other (human)?
    it remember me about God. since it said some thing like altering the mind.

what i'm thinking here is God do not alter our true personality.
    He know that threre is no need/it is useless if He alter our mind and do not let us think by our self. (in my prespective)

so.. after all.. i think it is useless to alter the society we build up. if we do it, they just like a robot or doll after all. don't you think like that. and i think it is better if we let free them to gain their own consciousness.

by the way it is different on animal other than human. because i think their existence is for our goods

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm for genetic engineering interms of helping to prevent birth defects and genetic disorders, but anywhere past that is unneccessary. However I am for cybernetic implants, though those are still on the horizon. Whether it be picking a hair color or trying to control strength and intelligence, it should not be done.

Newbie SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly think that by the time genectic engineering is in use, that there well be other technologies that could possibly be superior to it. I't wouldn't suprise me that by the time this happens a person who has been genteically altered to be strong enough to life 1000 pounds and can run really fast could have a cyborg walking next to them that can bench press a school bus 100 times and jump over buildings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3