+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are the Geological Eras merely outdated science?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are the Geological Eras merely outdated science?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    The liquefaction idea would be valid if you assume that everything would liquefy. But rock doesn't liquefy very well. It also contradicts the observation that in many many locations in the world, you have layers of sandstone above layers of shale. (And doesn't sand settle out of water before clay and silt???)
    I believe liquification lenses take care of that (combined with the earth quakes). If I understand what I have read as earth started sorting into layers in the water types of soil that doesn't allow water through as easily would compress together trapping water in a lens underneath it. These lenses have been observed in nature. The pressure on the water in the lens not only spreads the water out in a single layer covering large areas (miles even) but it causes water to actually run uphill and takes anything "floating" in the water with it. As a result if say, a heard of 'cows' were caught in a flood during some kind of say, tsunami that continued to come in and out multiple times, and they were drowned and started sorting by density they would float up to their natural level or until they hit a lens. The more water tight layer of earth above would prevent them from sorting any higher and the lens would then spread the carcasses over miles instead of them staying in one space. Then as the lens drained the upper level would press down an entomb the bodies. The lensing could also explain things like sandstone above shale or clay if layering caused a layer of clay (which very much resists letting water through) resulted in a lens trapping other things below it, the lens collapsing, and then later smaller waves (as the force of the tsunamis recedes) washing over it causing additional sorting above the watertight layer. With something of this size there would not just be one set of compression waves but multiple as it traveled and returned.
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

In this region of California, there are numerous examples of small lensing occuring from the 1906 earthquake, both in the Silicon Valley region as well as the Stockton delta. But in all cases, the original source layer of the sand and water geyser that created the lens remains intact. If the liquefaction hypothesis was true (Aha!. an actual testable condition!) then in cases where there's a sandstone layer above a layer of shale, then there must be a intact source layer of sandstone below the shale layer for that lens effect to have happened. But I doubt that this is the actual case...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    If the liquefaction hypothesis was true (Aha!. an actual testable condition!) then in cases where there's a sandstone layer above a layer of shale, then there must be a intact source layer of sandstone below the shale layer for that lens effect to have happened. But I doubt that this is the actual case...
    So check and see? Otherwise we're all just guessing.

lol I'm not entirely sure I got the lensing part right since I am still trying to understand it I think the repetition of the waves at lower intensities would have more to do with it. (The lensing would just explain the layers of clay and other such 'water tight' materials above something that may have otherwise sorted higher.) Like aftershocks of an earth quake causing lower and lower tsunamis. What is distributed would vary in each level depending on the force of the waves and what soils were carried from other areas that the wave came from. Directions that could change as the waves traveled unblocked across the globe away from the epicenters, intersected or returned. It could even, I think plausibly, lay down sand eroded and carried from elsewhere over an already existing layer of shale, clay, etc that had sorted out in a previous liquification.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

It should be noted that do to Cal's geologocal nature is that is shifts south word, taking soil and other sediment layers with it which is why southern Cal has such rich soil for agroculture and if given enough water you can grow rather large farms in the seamingly ared desert out here. So if any ones going to do an experiment I recomend that you take this into account as Cal is in one of the few areas of the world in which its geology works that way.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Also, the combination of liquefaction and massive earthquakes still does not explain the presence of metamorphic rock material (marble from limestone, slate from shale, anthracite from soft coal), or the presence of massive coal and oil deposits. If you have thousands of years of swamp deposits, the end result is peat, not coal. And from drill core samples taken off the coast of the Mississippi delta, thousands of years of river deposits end up as oily silt deposits, not as slate and crude oil...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Believe it or not the theory covers that. I believe it was a combination of the lensing and massive pressure. That the plants would separate out too and float upward until they hit a lens where they would collect. Then when the lens collapsed and then the layers above it and the water above it (remember this isn't just a small flow but large amounts of deep water) put it all under massive pressure and compression you don't get from a deposit laid down slowly over hundreds of years. Other layers would also be under massive pressure for similar reasons.

I am afraid I don't have much time right now so if you want to read the original instead of just my pitiful explanation the entire book on the subject can be read online here: In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood - index.html It is written by a creationist scientist but that is hardly surprising since who else would come up with a scientific explanation for the flood? I've read the book and while I don't agree with all of it (there is some obvious bias, though no worse then in most science classes I have taken) I think he brings up some very good points.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I just read over it and I would have to agree, very bias to a dagree, how ever makes several good point and explinations. I don't agree with everything whole heartedly but its something worth thinking about.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2