+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2521 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 501 1001 ... LastLast

Thread: Germs. Your views on shaking hands with total strangers

Newbie jazzy2103 is off to a good start jazzy2103's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Germs. Your views on shaking hands with total strangers

Your views on shaking hands with total strangers who appear to be clean.

Acceptable to decline or unacceptable?

I saw this on another forum (blogcatalog) and thought I'd post it here...

Jazzi~
    "Life isn't about how hard you hit,but how hard you CAN get hit and keep moving forward"- Rocky

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Germs. Your views on shaking hands with total strangers

well i dont mind shaking hands with strangers i just usually wash my hands afterwords cuz i really dont know what they were doing before

Newbie Hayato is off to a good start Hayato's Avatar
    Thanks

I usually shake their hands, then wash my hands

but in all reality, dollar bills have more germs than a human hand...think about it...dollars go from hand to hand to hand until they reach you...
    most people don't realize that from what I've seen
    the wind that fiercly whirls about

Newbie jazzy2103 is off to a good start jazzy2103's Avatar
    Thanks

good point.I didn't actually realise it until last week when somebody mentioned it on a TV show...but it still doesnt make any difference to me.I didn't make a habit of sniffing the money or anything of the sort.

I don't wash my hands when I shake stranger's hands though...
    "Life isn't about how hard you hit,but how hard you CAN get hit and keep moving forward"- Rocky

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I personally don't like to shake hands, I always have this thought of someone walking out of the bathroom and not wash their hands running through my head. Then people think am rude, I'm just like whatever, at least am healthy for the the most part. I use to rarely ever get sick.

And of course money has germs on it, everything has germs on it! You just have to keep the germs to a tiny amount. Like I always forget my money in my pockets and it gets washed with my clothes, or I just use plastic.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The average human being has a immune system strong enough to combat pretty much any germ you would get from shaking someones hand.

If you're totally freaking out about shaking someones hand because you're scared over some germs, you either have a weakened immune system (See a doctor), or you're OCD (See a shrink).

With the exception of some rare nasty stuff, the most you'll get from shaking someones hand is the common cold.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally don't like to shake hands because some people judge you by it. To me, if I don't feel like shaking someone's dirty hand that smells, it doesn't mean I'm untrustworthy. Just that I don't like smelly hands.
    That's it, I'm not especially worried about what I've catch from it. There are much worse things(computer keyboards, money, etc.)

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    If you're totally freaking out about shaking someones hand because you're scared over some germs, you either have a weakened immune system (See a doctor), or you're OCD (See a shrink).
    Wow you know me so well.

Seriously though, if you knew you would get a cold by hand shaking, would you still shake that persons hand? Is it worth it not to offend them, by trying to stay strong healthy and germ free.

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose
    I personally don't like to shake hands because some people judge you by it. To me, if I don't feel like shaking someone's dirty hand that smells, it doesn't mean I'm untrustworthy. Just that I don't like smelly hands.
    That's it, I'm not especially worried about what I've catch from it. There are much worse things(computer keyboards, money, etc.)
    Our teacher made us shake her hand in high school, then gave us a grade based upon the handshake. I think I got a C. Maybe it was because I wiped my hand on my pants after wards, who knows. But I agree with you, shaking someones hand is pointless, and also spreads germs.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2521 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 501 1001 ... LastLast