39 60.94%
  • No

8 12.50%
  • Don't Really Know

17 26.56%
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Ghosts: True or Not

Otaku Zaraki Kenpachi may be famous one day Zaraki Kenpachi may be famous one day Zaraki Kenpachi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ghosts: True or Not

I strongly Believe ghost exist, just that they're not really the person that died, but a demon replicating thier image.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

ghost exist? yea..i do believe.
    ghost = the willingness of one's mind to exist/appeal again!
    as we all know, we have parts of our brain that we can't access. Just like when we are sleeping, our mind still moves. wE even get premonitions from our unconscious mind. So... i think it's about the same. When we die, our spiritual minds still functions. therefore we appear as ghost without knowing it..
    wait---- forgive me. I'm very bad at explaining. you wont get what i mean.
    so--
    in short: yes. i believe in ghost ^^"

gomen for the confusion ^^
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Banned Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki Kenpachi
    I strongly Believe ghost exist, just that they're not really the person that died, but a demon replicating thier image.
    That's exactly right. People do not die and stay in "Limbo" (What a lame name for that...) They go to either Heaven or hell. I've never understood why someone would think that if you have "Unfinished business" (Sound familiar? like from Casper?) You stay here. If that was true, there'd be way more ghosts than we could handle...

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm aboot 50/50 for the subject......I believe that there's a possibility of ghosts, but I am highly skeptical of most accounts of ghosts or hauntings...I'm pretty sure that at least 96% of sightings are simply people imagining what they saw, with their mind playing tricks on them.

Most sightings you hear of occur at night.....which is very conveniant for the person saying they saw a ghost. If there were ghosts, I doubt that they would be limited to the night-time to show themselves, if they really wanted to be seen.

Second, some argue that you 'have to believe in ghosts' to see them, which is even more conveniant for people who believe in them......Because you have a cheap excuse for why skeptics can't see them.

I'm sure that there is stuff out there we can't explain, but most accounts are overhyped imagination.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz
    I'm aboot 50/50 for the subject......I believe that there's a possibility of ghosts, but I am highly skeptical of most accounts of ghosts or hauntings...I'm pretty sure that at least 96% of sightings are simply people imagining what they saw, with their mind playing tricks on them.

Most sightings you hear of occur at night.....which is very conveniant for the person saying they saw a ghost. If there were ghosts, I doubt that they would be limited to the night-time to show themselves, if they really wanted to be seen.

Second, some argue that you 'have to believe in ghosts' to see them, which is even more conveniant for people who believe in them......Because you have a cheap excuse for why skeptics can't see them.

I'm sure that there is stuff out there we can't explain, but most accounts are overhyped imagination.
    True.

But as convenient as it sounds.... according to "spirit science" (I have no idea what the study is called) ... these "energies" can only exist if it can focus. Why at night? Why alone?

At night, they say there are energies that can "revive" an emotion (aka: Remembering) ... and with less humans traficking the energy streets of this world, there is more space for "focus"...

Most sightings are during the night. But most people think "Most" means "ALL"... so as to help... there are some cases that were seen in afternoon and morning.

As for believing... well, that could be possible... afterall, if anyone remembers the ending to how King Arthur died in those stories... how they defeated the witch was ignoring her... if she's not remembered, she doesn't exist.

... symbolism? Well, it could symbolize a lot of things, but I won't go too far with that.

<_< They say that thoughts give off brain waves... and if brain waves are shot out, energies can be twisted and make it the perfect situation for something to appear physically.

However, there have been cases where people don't believe in ghosts, yet they still see them. They explain this with ESP being passed down through the bloodline.... however, if scientifically... then you'll note it as magnetic charges coming from the earth that allow "hallucinations" to happen within the brain.

However, whose to say those energies truly are coming from the spirits within the earth?

There are several things in this world that cannot be explained...

...or rather, are already explained...

............... afterall, what eastern philosophers mock western philosophers about is how they "break everything down to see the truth, when the truth was when it was whole" ... ^_^

Thanks

There's a house being built over in England by a bunch of scientists (not sure if it's built yet, I heard aboot it about a year ago), but they wanted to create a house and make their own "haunting" by creating magnetic charges within the house and stuff like that. However, even when trying to 'create' a haunting, they admit that they can't produce exactly what happens at some places......

As for the spirit science, how can they possibly make claims for how ghosts work when there is no possible way to determine? I know that it's claimed ghosts are electrical entitites, or have some electricity in them, which is why they use those gadget thingies....but that really comes from only guessing? There is no proof that there is a link between ghosts and electricity/magnetism/etc, because there is no proper proof of ghosts themselves......

However, I don't write ghosts off as being completely fake......just that most cases when people think it's a ghost....it probably isn't.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz
    As for the spirit science, how can they possibly make claims for how ghosts work when there is no possible way to determine?
    How can people study theories? ^_^

Thanks

Hm....Touch&#233;......though scientific theories are able to be proven because they start from a 'truth'. Take for instance, gravity. You can't see it, but it's there. By using mathmatical equations and numerous experiments, Newton was able to determine the pull of gravity. The math used was the 'truth', because number crunching is either right or wrong, no in between. You can't argue with an equation (well, gettin real technical then yeah, you can argue with an equation)...

With ghosts....there is no 'truth' that can be used to determine their existance. A Parapsychologist might say "we had a blip on our electronic reader, which means a ghost is around," while a scientist would say "you had a blip on your electronic reader...now show that it was a ghost." Well....they can't, because they have no truth to back it up with, other than personal belief. The science that they try to use to explain ghosts is completely one-sided, yet it is nestled in their so nicely that it is impossible to disprove their theories, yet at the same time prove their theories.

I wanted to be a parapsychologist when I was a kid.....I pretty much read every book on ghosts and hauntings in my school libraries, and the public library.....

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast