Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Are girls smarter than boys?

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

Are girls smarter than boys?

Hey everyone this question has really been getting at me are girls really smarter than boys in this generation because there is this exam that Swaziland hosts anually for grade seven students and the top ten are always girls it's amazing I think it's stayed like that for about five years. So what do you guys think and do they always come out on top in other countries.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are girls smarter than boys?

I have always believed that women are smarter than men and even the statistics have shown it......
    Not to say that men are dumb...I mean look at Newton, Galileo, Einstein...just to name a few....
    But women have come far in this world........not long ago...woman had very strict rules to abide to.....such as being a mother and watching the kids........to being top managers and leaders of very influential companies and organizations......
    Women have conquered what was thought to be impossible not long ago....and we still have the whole world ahead of us......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its equal...
    ppl are always talking about how girls can do think boys cant or how boys can do stuff girls cant, in all acutallity we can do both.
    were all human. girls just happended to drop there boy part off in the wound and have eggs and less body hair then guys... oh and bigger boobs

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm i dont think that women are smarter. we just a different way of looking at things in life such as school.
    Women i think are just able to focus more at school and to comprehend it a lil better. but it doesn't mean that they are smarter.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WishIcouldlivemore View Post
    Hey everyone this question has really been getting at me are girls really smarter than boys in this generation because there is this exam that Swaziland hosts anually for grade seven students and the top ten are always girls it's amazing I think it's stayed like that for about five years. So what do you guys think and do they always come out on top in other countries.
    My rebuttal to you is just because something happens more often doesn't make it a fact... and what makes you think that guys are not as smart as girls just because they don't strive for excellence in school... I've demonstrated many times to all of the people who've met me that I could care less about the number that appears on a report card and have placed top of my class (even the rovince in some cases) in every intellectual based competition that the country has thrown at us. Basically, it's not fair to say that they are smarter... just like it wouldn't be fair for me to say that girls are weaker then guys... it's not always true and more often then not, you're compairing the top of one class with the mediocre of another...
    That being said I might agree that girls have a higher desire to succeed at a younger age but as guys mature they gain that desire and balance out with girls...

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I have always believed that women are smarter than men and even the statistics have shown it......
    Not to say that men are dumb...I mean look at Newton, Galileo, Einstein...just to name a few....
    But women have come far in this world........not long ago...woman had very strict rules to abide to.....such as being a mother and watching the kids........to being top managers and leaders of very influential companies and organizations......
    Women have conquered what was thought to be impossible not long ago....and we still have the whole world ahead of us......
    As for you... any respect that I might've had in your interpretation of information is now gone... Why? Simply put, you believe what you're told without questioning the facts. The scope of the statistics is so narrow that it could hardly count as an accurate measurment of the intelligence between men and women. Also to define a genius, intelligence is not required. I'm not saying that I don't regard those men as smart however, they are defined as genius because of how they helped to progress the human race.
    As for ruling the world... do you honestly think that a woman could find the time in between juggling which friends will stab her in the back accidentally and which on purpose? That's my one major flaw with women, they're smart and beautiful sure... but they try too hard to play against other women. If they'd just learn to get along then I think that it's time for women to step up to the plate for once and see if they can't help countries get along better then the men have tried (and failed.) Mind you, once women overcome their differences thenit'd be easy for them to help the rest of the world do the same, afterall two thirds of the population of earth will be women by 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum92 View Post
    i think its equal...
    ppl are always talking about how girls can do think boys cant or how boys can do stuff girls cant, in all acutallity we can do both.
    were all human. girls just happended to drop there boy part off in the wound and have eggs and less body hair then guys... oh and bigger boobs
    I like your view even if it is a little indecisive. You understand the idea that men and women are made equally however perhaps you could expand upon this and further state that it's the roles that we're forced to play in society from a young age that is the defining difference.

... and join my rebellion against time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Corvus For This Useful Post:

Priestess Angel (Jan 23, 2008)

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

As for you... any respect that I might've had in your interpretation of information is now gone... Why? Simply put, you believe what you're told without questioning the facts. The scope of the statistics is so narrow that it could hardly count as an accurate measurment of the intelligence between men and women. Also to define a genius, intelligence is not required. I'm not saying that I don't regard those men as smart however, they are defined as genius because of how they helped to progress the human race.
    As for ruling the world... do you honestly think that a woman could find the time in between juggling which friends will stab her in the back accidentally and which on purpose? That's my one major flaw with women, they're smart and beautiful sure... but they try too hard to play against other women. If they'd just learn to get along then I think that it's time for women to step up to the plate for once and see if they can't help countries get along better then the men have tried (and failed.) Mind you, once women overcome their differences thenit'd be easy for them to help the rest of the world do the same, afterall two thirds of the population of earth will be women by 2020.
    It may seem to you that I am coming on a little bit to strong.....but how can you say that you have no respect in my interpretation of this subject......I agree that women do have a jealous streak in them and they will try anything to be better than the next women....but the same can be said about men......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Geez wht kind of question is this?? both are smart, the only difference is that both see and reach things differently...that's all
    Last edited by Arukih; Jan 23, 2008 at 04:44 PM.

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    It may seem to you that I am coming on a little bit to strong.....but how can you say that you have no respect in my interpretation of this subject......I agree that women do have a jealous streak in them and they will try anything to be better than the next women....but the same can be said about men......
    I didn't say that I don't trust your interpretation on the subject. I'm merely saying that I think that you should question information see things beyond how they're presented... when you see " fact" or "statistics" ask yourself if they're reliable... were the subjects an accurate representation of the population that they are supposed to represent or is that information unreliable... basically if you can't question what you're told then I will have a hard time placing little trust in your views on certain subjects. I don't trust what the media and the world tries to tell us.

And the fact that you've noticed that men are equal to women in faults maybe you'll start to see that we're not all as dumb as we look or as few are... I don't go judging all girls by the blonds that pretend to be a waste of space and air or the few that actually are... but rather I allow myself to judge each individual person according to who they really are and not who they've been pretending to be according to society's dictates.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast