Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Are girls smarter than boys?

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are girls smarter than boys?

Quite frankly, no. Gender doesn’t have any factor on whether you are intelligent or not. There are always the stereotypical views of which gender is better at what like for instance “girls are better at cooking” or “boys are better at mechanics”. But in every stereotype you see an exception. I know I’ve shocked my father many times when it comes to my mechanical skill.

Statistics may say these students are doing well academically but who’s to say that it’s really true. Many schools are biased when it comes to students so some of the students might not have earned it in the right way. Not to mention that being academically smart doesn’t automatically make you a truly smart person. Doing good in school isn’t really that hard. Just learn some facts, do your homework, and be nice to the teachers.

To me, a truly smart person isn’t afraid to think. They like to analyze the facts and come up with opinions based on those facts. Not just learn what you need to pass the next test and automatically agreeing with everything someone else is saying.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

I surely hope girls are smarter than boys. Becuase someone needs to make up the smartness for us lol.

But seriously, i think girl have potential to be smarter than boys. but sadly i often see that potential thrown away.

As for boys, well it really makes me wonder if they really only care about one thing you know?
    Yay-yea?

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i do agree that i seems in school and such that theres more gurls that excel than boys, but most of our greatest thinkers and scientist are GUYS. Not to say theres not any girls famous for their smarts, but theres more guys in that category

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I surely hope girls are smarter than boys. Becuase someone needs to make up the smartness for us lol.

But seriously, i think girl have potential to be smarter than boys. but sadly i often see that potential thrown away.

As for boys, well it really makes me wonder if they really only care about one thing you know?
    I would actually say that the potential is the same, but young females to me definitely are developed faster compare to the boys of the same age. But once they reach middle school age it seems the playing field becomes leveled. Honestly this topic is way to hard to say because it has so many variables. Potential is the same, but how each gender does it determines it. Right now there are way more females than males in college and universities.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

uhhhh...yea girls Do mature typically faster than boys when ur talking about body maturing and such things. But it usually evens out around 14 or 15 i'd say

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post

How dare you even suggest that!
    Your still a little naieve in a BIG way.
    Guys are not all dumb and not all of them think about that...
    Just like girls should be viewed as more then some sort of antidote for all of the screw-ups that guys make...
    GAH society is SO BACKWARDS AND SEXIST!!!! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT?

... and join my rebellion against time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    How dare you even suggest that!
    Your still a little naieve in a BIG way.
    Guys are not all dumb and not all of them think about that...
    Just like girls should be viewed as more then some sort of antidote for all of the screw-ups that guys make...
    GAH society is SO BACKWARDS AND SEXIST!!!! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT?
    Whoa! Calm down cowboy.lol
    I agree her statment was wrong, but thats just the sterotypical guy shes describing, not true in general at all.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

What you are seeing is a change in the emphasis of how things are taught and tested. As has been mentioned men and women tend to learn differently. It used to be teaching styles and testing were made from the view of men, that has now swung in the opposite direction in places... or you just have some very talented females in your area.

If we are really worried about it then perhaps we should go back to all girl and guy schools. Then the teaching can cater to the exact style for each.

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    uhhhh...yea girls Do mature typically faster than boys when ur talking about body maturing and such things. But it usually evens out around 14 or 15 i'd say
    It starts leveling at 16 and finishes by 18-19.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast