Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Are girls smarter than boys?

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are girls smarter than boys?

Well i do agree that i seems in school and such that theres more gurls that excel than boys, but most of our greatest thinkers and scientist are GUYS. Not to say theres not any girls famous for their smarts, but theres more guys in that category
    It is true that more men have been put into history for their smarts more then women but you have to consider the fact that may be due to cultural standards. Almost all historical figures are men but for a very long time it was considered that the only thing that women could do was cook and raise children. So it was a lot harder for women to land themselves in history for the simple fact that the mindset of the time was that women couldn't be intelligent. "Only men could make the really important decisions". When you think of it that way, it's not really surprising that all of the great philosophers were men because women weren't given a chance.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Jan 23, 2008 at 06:05 PM.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post

It starts leveling at 16 and finishes by 18-19.
    yea i knew it was something like that, just wasnt quite sure on the complete facts.lol

But I wonder if that has everything to do with it or not, i wouldnt think so though. Like i said before there seems to be more men than women famous for there brains. Like Albert Einstien for example

And yes I agree with you too Priestess Angel

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie hokage487 is off to a good start hokage487's Avatar
    Thanks

it would depend on what ur talking about street smart, book smart, etc....
    there are many kind of jokes about blond girls but also guys tend to be less smart in all the categories in research i have done (yes im quite nerdy at SOME point) any ways i would say neither

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I can see more guys being street smart than girls, but again that can be due to the sterotypical thinking that sometimes goes around. Smarts all differ from indiviual to the next

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Well i do agree that i seems in school and such that theres more gurls that excel than boys, but most of our greatest thinkers and scientist are GUYS. Not to say theres not any girls famous for their smarts, but theres more guys in that category
    That is true, but i'd like to point out that the reason that many of our greatest thinker were boys was becuase of the sexism many females faced throughout history. If given the chance im sure women would have proved to be as accomplished as any man in history.
    Yay-yea?

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

That's all good and true that women would accomplish just as well but to say that they are smarter just because they are female is a buch of tooty.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    That's all good and true that women would accomplish just as well but to say that they are smarter just because they are female is a buch of tooty.
    thats how it is with asians isnt it?
    I remember CNN covering a study proving that asians have a higher learning ability or sumthing like that.
    Maybe women do too?

But i don't rmember exactly what the report was, but hey im not a woman or a asian, so can you blame me?

"Sorry im retarded." -Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
    Yay-yea?

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

nah i think that we are all equal in our own different ways...
    Temari is so Cool

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast