+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Give marriage rights to gays?

Newbie razielim is off to a good start razielim's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Give marriage rights to gays?

I think yes? whats the problem about 2 men or women married??????

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, seems alot of ppl are posting in this. Ok, this topic was a source of debate in my family for quite some time as well, some agreeing that they should; most not. I wound up playing an arbiter of sorts over the debate, presenting each side with facts about human behavior that they didn' even know that they had. Alot of ppl would be surpised as to how much alike the animals that we are. Case in point, many believe that homosexuality is not "natural." Many of my family were surprised at jus' how wrong that this assumption is. Homosexuality has been a recorded behavior amongst many "group" animals (i.e pack, etc.), abeit for completely different reasons. Pointing out the flaws in their arguements allowed my family members to realize many of their mistakes in many of their beliefs and although they never changed their minds about how they felt, they did come to an understanding about marriage and homosexuality.

I have noticed that many ppl, I count myself among them, seem to fear homosexuals. Why are we so afraid? On what can we base that fear? Religion? Societial behavior? Instinct? I remember that Atomik quoted Leviticus and Aceman quoted Romans, to which I ask; what's wrong with the passages from the Bible? If one pays close attention to these passages, doesn' one notice how particular they are? There is only one sentence that even refers to women and homosexuality, in Romans, and it doesn' even condemn them for the act. And in Leviticus, it doesn' even mention them at all. "No man shall lie with another man as he would a woman," doesn' that seem a bit strange? There's not even one mention of women lying in bed with each other in that sentence and no mention of women being together until Romans. Doesn' that seem a bit odd? If it's such a heated debate, religously speaking of course, why is it barely mentioned in the Bible; for male homosexuality; and almost not even mentioned at all for women? Could we base this on Society rather than religion? Well, such animosity has to start somewhere and often Society's behavior is grounded in other types of behavior, so I highly doubt that such behavior could've started in our Society but instead grew with our Society. I believe that such behavior is really instinct, Human beings fear what they don' understand. And men, typically, fear being dominated and I believe that this is the root cause of that fear. It would explain alot of things about Society's behavior towards Homosexuality, a lack of understanding and fear of being dominated would cause such heated reaction. Our Society has "clearly" defined a marriage as a "union between a man and a woman," and I think that this has been this way for quite some time, no thanks; in large part; due to that fear. So when two men wish to become united in marrage, it becomes a heated source of debate. Not because of religion, imo, but because of fear. They become a symbol of what many men fear, of one male dominating another. This fear then spreads to our counterparts, the women of our Society causing them to act out as well.

So what did my family do? They compromised, rather than define two homosexuals who have come together as a "marriage," they agreed that Society should have it called a something else that is equally defined. That two homosexuals united in such a way, should have all of the basic rights and privilages that any married couple has, it's jus' that their "union" couldn' be called a "marriage." I myself, personally, do not care if such a union is defined as a marriage or as something else, but I believe that everyone has the born right to lead their lives as they see fit, and that "God;" or whatever religion that any individual may practice; doesn' really care what your sexual preference is. All that such a being cares about is that you believe in Him/Her/Them/etc. and keep them close to your heart. In the end, we all live on this world and none of us are islands; it's our differences that help define us and our individuality. So here's the real debate, do we struggle to force everyone into the same mold or do we accept that we're all not the same?

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

Marcus Fenix (Apr 30, 2011)

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

The main problem is that society is afraid of change: Have something that breaks the mold, and then you are naturally going to have some serious ass resistance to it.

A lot of people are afraid of this because well, it challenges exactly what defines what people call "marrage." It also challenges what we know on relationships and how define them.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

To sum it up the best way I can
    I will take a qote from Chris rock, and what he said about Gay marrige,
    "Let them get marriage, because ever one has a right to be Mizable even gays

But me, personally
    I did not write the bible so who am I to pass judgement.

Thanks

Unfortunately, that is one of the biggest probelms: Religous zelots and ****ing biased, christan judges and governers.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am striaght and i like women, But I don't understand why People Judge so much, I know I know that a same gender Marrige are a sin and it is in the bible. But Also is there not a sin about passing Judgement on others and their lifestyle?
    Elite Member
    Achieved after 150 days AND 500 posts.
    Veteran Member
    Achieved after 365 days AND 1000 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    I am striaght and i like women, But I don't understand why People Judge so much, I know I know that a same gender Marrige are a sin and it is in the bible. But Also is there not a sin about passing Judgement on others and their lifestyle?
    I'm not a christain but I have read the bible. And I do recall seeing that somewhere, but a lot of good christan types belive that homesexuality is spawned from the devil.

Yeah, suuurrre it is...
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Fenix View Post
    I'm not a christain but I have read the bible. And I do recall seeing that somewhere, but a lot of good christan types belive that homesexuality is spawned from the devil.

Yeah, suuurrre it is...
    Actually, the Bible doesn' say much about Homosexuality, but what it does say isn' favorable towards it. It also doesn' make much sense, hence what I said earlier. It not only leaves out female homosexuality in Leviticus completely, it barely mentions it in Romans and vaguely seems to condemn it. It's not a religious thing, it's an instinct thing I believe. And when individuals are dealing with an instinct, anything can be used as a weapon; even religion.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

Marcus Fenix (Apr 30, 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast