+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Give marriage rights to gays?

Banned chelsey is off to a good start chelsey's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Give marriage rights to gays?

Yes they should be allow to get marry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think its right ever to limit any type or person because of something as small as sexual orientation. If a homosexual finds someone they can love and live with forever then why not?

Gays will eventually be allowed and I think its only right, progression is progression however way you see it, don't be an asshat and say no just because you're not comfortable with something lol.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Violent For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 12, 2010)

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Eventually it'll have to happen, when gay marriage becomes legal. I think that because our nation was founded on religious grounds(Protestant right?) that some feel like its going against the foundation of America.

Really I think its kind of silly to go this long procrastinating the issue.
    As far as the media goes(I think its kind of liberal), it definitely does a fine job of glamorizing a gay character. For the most part though, I find they do it in a negative way. **Not trying to start another debate** I feel as if they take a flamboyant character and generalize to affect their perception of gays. For example, I think some people who are against having gays serving openly in the military are thinking every gay man and woman are going to act like Ru Paul.(Lol.)

I'm ♥mazing!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twistergal723 View Post
    Eventually it'll have to happen, when gay marriage becomes legal. I think that because our nation was founded on religious grounds(Protestant right?) that some feel like its going against the foundation of America.

Really I think its kind of silly to go this long procrastinating the issue.
    As far as the media goes(I think its kind of liberal), it definitely does a fine job of glamorizing a gay character. For the most part though, I find they do it in a negative way. **Not trying to start another debate** I feel as if they take a flamboyant character and generalize to affect their perception of gays. For example, I think some people who are against having gays serving openly in the military are thinking every gay man and woman are going to act like Ru Paul.(Lol.)
    That's the problem right there. People think that our nation was founded on religious standards because our currency says "In God we trust," or because our declaration of independence says, "One nation under God." That's not the case. Our nation was founded because people wanted religious freedom, not because we wanted to found a Christian nation. That's why I have an issue with our country's concept of "All men are created equal," because nobody seems to practice it. Oh, because there may be a sentence in the bible that states that "A man shall not lay with another man," we have to abide by it?? That is a law written in the Old Testament that people of the Jewish faith were to abide by. Nobody says that a predominately Christian society should have to obey that law. I know of gay people who are Christians and I've heard of Catholic gays committing suicide because they're torn between their beliefs and morals.

Why can't people be "Children of God" without having to conform to a certain lifestyle or being persecuted because of their sexual orientation? Why do they have to be treated as less than human because of their sexual preference? I don't think it's fair and I don't believe that two people of the same gender shouldn't be allowed to commit to one another in marriage because it's "illegal". That's some ol' BS.

Newbie duncanmix is off to a good start
    Thanks

I have nothing against gays, not even letting them marriage rights. However another problem raising here. In countries where this is legal, next step they are fighting for is adopting kids. Now with all respect to every human on this planet earth, I think that all kids have right on mother and father.

Not only those kids could lack mothers milk ( which is essential for better development of kids) , but what kind of psychological effect will that leave on kid. I mean at certain point those kid will realize that majority of their friends have mother and father, while they have 2 fathers or 2 mothers.

I think this problem is more deep than simple answering question ''should we give marriage rights to gays''. My conclusion is: if two people love each other, you don't need any paper to confirm that.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    That's why I have an issue with our country's concept of "All men are created equal," because nobody seems to practice it. Oh, because there may be a sentence in the bible that states that "A man shall not lay with another man," we have to abide by it?? That is a law written in the Old Testament that people of the Jewish faith were to abide by. Nobody says that a predominately Christian society should have to obey that law.
    Don't take this as myself being against Gay Marriage, which I'm not, what people do behind closed doors is their business, and far be it for me to interfere with that, but I just had to point this out to you.

Yes, there is a passage in the old testament that says what you quoted, but there's also one in the New Testament.

Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence [sic] of their error which was meet."
    Quote Originally Posted by duncanmix View Post
    next step they are fighting for is adopting kids.
    Homosexual Couples are allowed to adopt in the United States, and in Canada too, its just more difficult.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 13, 2010)

Newbie duncanmix is off to a good start
    Thanks

I didn't know they are allowed, but I'm against that. As for their sexual choice, I have nothing against, every human is born different, and with different look towards the world.

Otaku gaaralover123 is off to a good start gaaralover123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    What is your opinion on this? I doubt it's going to be heard by the supreme court any time soon, but I'm still intriguied as to what you may think.

As for my standpoint, I'm indifferent. I don't really care either way.
    For me it does not matter. i have a lot of gay friends. and i am happy for them. As long as they find love i am okay with it.
    I AM WHO I AM SO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT KISS MY A$$! lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast