+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Give marriage rights to gays?

Newbie Canti is off to a good start Canti's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Give marriage rights to gays?

They should have the right to marry just like any other couple.

Newbie BunnyOwnsU is off to a good start BunnyOwnsU's Avatar
    Thanks

they should marry...its none of our business....unless you are one...and im Bisexual.....if that counts

Newbie satine89 is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm all for anyone being allowed to marry... as long as it's two people. I don't believe marriage to be synonymous with either polygamy or polyandry. And I believe they have the right to have children, it actually SHOCKS me how many people are for the first and not the second. I had one female 'parent' & one male 'parent' and they were both pedophiles. I would have been over-joyed to have had two female or two male parents who actually looked after me and loved me, that's the most important part, children can still have role models of the either gender outside of their parents.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duncanmix View Post
    I didn't know they are allowed, but I'm against that. As for their sexual choice, I have nothing against, every human is born different, and with different look towards the world.
    How in the world can you have no problem with their sexual preference but, still have an issue with the fact that homosexual couples can adopt?! That makes little to no sense. You're basically saying in a very discreet way that you DO, in fact, have a problem with homosexuality. If they want to adopt a child, let them. Apparently, the biological parents never wanted the kid (not tryin' to sound harsh, but it's the reality of the situation). Generally speaking, children who are raised by homosexual couples turn out just fine. Pretty much like any other kid would with decent heterosexual parents. Do you believe that homosexual couples are gonna adopt a child and "train" it to be gay as it grows up? You think that the kid is gonna spend half it's teenage years as a heterosexual and then wake up one morning and say, "I think I'm gonna be gay, just like my parents!" It's not a choice and you can't be trained in to it.

Seriously, what reason would you have to say that? It's a very contradicting statement. You can't have no problem with the sexual preference of others and then say something like, "I don't think they should be allowed to adopt." At least, not without an extremely valid reason. I can only think of one and I've already covered it in the above examples.

Newbie Xyore is off to a good start Xyore's Avatar
    Thanks

In a very subtle way to respond: "I don't care."

However, I can understand why others complain about homosexuals getting maried. Most of the reason is religious. The rest is part political. America wasn't founded by homosexuals, so people are afraid of America converting into the 'United Homosexual States of America'. In other words, America herself is afraid of losing her reputation.

I don't want to get too far into the religious part because, well... everyone already knows why.
    Death takes a toll...
    Just hope it's your soul...

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

On my religious point of view: No

On my moral point of view: Yes.

My morals state that any one can raise a child. But not everyone can do it correct.

My religious views state why give sin a sin?

Where all born in sin after all.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. K For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 21, 2010)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xyore View Post
    In a very subtle way to respond: "I don't care."

However, I can understand why others complain about homosexuals getting maried. Most of the reason is religious. The rest is part political. America wasn't founded by homosexuals, so people are afraid of America converting into the 'United Homosexual States of America'. In other words, America herself is afraid of losing her reputation.

I don't want to get too far into the religious part because, well... everyone already knows why.
    I'm pretty sure that the colonists that came here had their fair share of homosexuals runnin' around. I mean, look at those silly wigs and knickers men wore! The portraits of former presidents and politicians who clearly look like they wore makeup? Really? We didn't have homosexual founding fathers? I beg to differ. Some people say that this country was to be modeled after Rome. You DO know that Romans like to have homosexual sex right? I think it's funny that there are people who sincerely believe that homosexuality is some new epidemic, like swine flu. People have been havin' "jail sex" (for a lack of better words at the moment) since the dawn of civilization. Be you president, king, slave owner, pirate, priest, Cesar or tribal leader; chances are that 3 out of 10 of every one is gay and has the right to live their life just like any heterosexual person does.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Do I think that homosexuals should be allowed to marry?

Frankly speaking, no I don't believe they should be allowed to marry. Marriage originates from religion. That being said religion goes against homosexuality (I'm talking about real religion not any of the modern day bull crap where you can just make one for the heck of it).

I also believe that homosexuality is wrong as well. Don't mistake this for hatred though. I'm nice to homosexuals whenever I meet them and I don't try to attack them. I will always give the warning though when entering into a conversation with one that I am Christian and do believe that their lifestyle is wrong. I do not preach. God allows us all to live the lives we want and if they are homosexual then I don't see any chance of one random stranger changing the whole way they live their life. That being said I think it should be obvious that I don't have any homosexual friends as they are not the type of people I choose to be around.

Back to the subject of marriage though. I think that marriage should go back to being a religious only tact and instead there should be a jointing system that is government managed. This would solve the problem of controversy with gays being married and would also appease atheist who are unhappy with marriage being a part of the government. I'm not saying everyone will be happy, but homosexuals will be recognized as a joined couple and it would separate church and state. Also I would be happy with this as a Christian because I don't believe you should bring politics into church. Church is about God not what political party you are in and government should be about managing the country in a fair and just matter.

These are my views and I think they are fair ones.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast