+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Otaku Candid is off to a good start
    Thanks

Global Warming

(The Green Picture: Arctic Ice Then, And Now | GroovyGreen.com - Start Today :: Save Tomorrow)

I was just wondering...are you scared of the threats of Global Warming, or just sick of hearing about it. Do you even believe it?

I saw this picture, and heard of this book, and of course, the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" and it's convinced me.

I'd like to hear your opinions on it, what you think is going to happen in the future, and if your doing anything about it now.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by Candid View Post
    (The Green Picture: Arctic Ice Then, And Now | GroovyGreen.com - Start Today :: Save Tomorrow)

I was just wondering...are you scared of the threats of Global Warming, or just sick of hearing about it. Do you even believe it?

I saw this picture, and heard of this book, and of course, the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" and it's convinced me.

I'd like to hear your opinions on it, what you think is going to happen in the future, and if your doing anything about it now.
    Do I believe that Global Warming is real? Yes.

Do I believe that humans are causing it and should do what they can to fix it? Yes.

Do I believe that it will have horrible impacts on the world many generations from now? Yes.

Humans adapt. When Global Warming finally takes its toll, humans might be well-adapted enough to deal with it . . . but for how long? I think it would be better if we remembered to be stewards rather than masters of the earth. It's more beneficial for everyone in the long run. Really.

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i do belive global warming is happening but us humans arent doing anything about it really i think when global warming does take place and most people will finally realise that they should of done there bit to stop it... but i do tihnk it can be stopped

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Without a doubt, global warming is greatly affecting our planet.

Like divine_punishment said, we're not being stewards of the Earth and are taking it for granted and slowly demolishing it.

If every human could just do one thing a day, like recycle a can of soda, the impact would be tremendously beneficial dor the Earth.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

ah! the good ol' climate change debate ^_^

Well, I don't think it matters anymore if it is human created or natural, It's happening.

More extreme weather events, prolonged droughts, a dieing great barrier reef, disease carrying misquitos in places they would never been found before, the increasing water insecruity in numerous countries, loss of biodiversity the list goes on and on.

I'm I sick of hearing about it - Yes, but then again, not only is it on the news most nights - I hear it most days when I go to uni ( then again, studying environmental sciences - you'd get that XD)

And it's having horrible effects now, can't imagine how it will be in the future, but then again I do have hope, and by the time my great-grand childrent inherit the earth, prehaps they will have a better world than what I did.

Newbie 9908062 is off to a good start 9908062's Avatar
    Thanks

Well climate change has been coming up a lot =/
    We can't really do much because almost everything we use now if polluting.
    Well, in the future hopefully they find a way to stop global warming because look at the effects it has on us now.
    Imaging in the future

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Candid View Post

no im not scared of the threats of Global Warming but im really sick of hearing about it tho
    -.- i mean yea it does exists and it is affecting our earth but really Global Warming isnt going to be stopped by just talking about it -.-
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Im a firm believer in global warming. I think its sad how we (most of us) don't even try to slow this process.

Yet, I am a guilty one. I dont recycle... I feel accomplished just by picking up my trash let alone going through the effort to sort through it.

I dont use environmentaly friendly products... Im poor, If I cant buy it at the dollar store it aint getting purchased.

I guess the on Only reason I sleep well at night is... (wait, I take heavy meds to go to sleep)... Either way, I feel there are all kinds of people JUST LIKE ME. And, to a degree, I feel sooner or later... Our earth... Our species... it will all change and\or end reguardless of how many green peace, tree huggers recycle.

Our great grandchildren may not see polar bears. We don't see dinosaurs. Heck, one day what ever advanced species dominates this planet... thay may not see humans.

I dont think our way of life is cool. Or a laughing matter. I just think we're beyond salvaging.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast